Sponsored

rg7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning
Yea, but the upper trim lightbars are sick. Also kind of a reason I didn't consider the Rivian. I may value superficial aesthetics too highly.
Sponsored

Webbo85

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lightning Lariat ER, 2002 Jeep Wrangler
Occupation
Mech Engineer
I have repeatedly complained that Kyle's videos are always 40% too long (and unnecessarily so) - filled with extraneous commentary and repeated observations. Heck, I unsubscribed because I was tired of having my time wasted. But credit where credit is due: This video was ok - a lot of stuff covered in a reasonable period of time. Also, I think, a fair assessment.

As someone who (as a Day 1 reservation holder) got his 2023 Ford F-150 Lightning Pro SR for roughly $42K (after destination, but before taxes, title, etc.), I believe I drive the best value in a real, working truck - with any powertrain - in the world. I have all of the features that make the Lightning the best version of the F-150, and I didn't pay for all the fluff in the highest trims.
I like Kyle's videos too but I agree they are long! I've recently updated the playback speed to 125% on his videos and they're much better! I've tried 150%, but that gives me a bit of a headache.

Zprime29

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda Pilot, 2022 Lightning ER
Yea, but the upper trim lightbars are sick. Also kind of a reason I didn't consider the Rivian. I may value superficial aesthetics too highly.
Wife saw the side and back of an R1S while we where charging at an EA stop. She thought it was nice. Driving around town I pointed one out that was going the opposite direction so she could see the front. She flat out said she'd never drive that. Not just you :D

Maxx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 Pro, Sky RL, Frontier, Aurora V8, Buicks, ....
Wife saw the side and back of an R1S while we where charging at an EA stop. She thought it was nice. Driving around town I pointed one out that was going the opposite direction so she could see the front. She flat out said she'd never drive that. Not just you :D

Although we all know the wife is always right, I think we don't have enough goofy looking cars and trucks out there. In an attempt to look tough and manly, almost anything on four wheels look angry these days. You look at your rear view mirror and your good mood immediately change into a kick-ass mood. All of this while the dude behind you is laughing at a funny podcast having no idea what you are going through. All because his car looks though. If every car out there looked like a Rivian, there would be no road rage.

It is easy to get pissed off of this car no matter how nice the driver is:

Ford F-150 Lightning Lightning vs Cybertruck vs Rivian! Comparison & Recommendation by Out of Spec Kyle 1705445328700

But who can get mad at this:

Ford F-150 Lightning Lightning vs Cybertruck vs Rivian! Comparison & Recommendation by Out of Spec Kyle 1705445667372

Ford F-150 Lightning Lightning vs Cybertruck vs Rivian! Comparison & Recommendation by Out of Spec Kyle 1705445717934

Rivian is a lover not a fighter.

Zprime29

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Although we all know the wife is always right, I think we don't have enough goofy looking cars and trucks out there. In an attempt to look tough and manly, almost anything on four wheels look angry these days. You look at your rear view mirror and your good mood immediately change into a kick-ass mood. All of this while the dude behind you is laughing at a funny podcast having no idea what you are going through. All because his car looks though. If every car out there looked like a Rivian, there would be no road rage.

It is easy to get pissed off of this car no matter how nice the driver is:

1705445328700.jpeg
I get what you're saying, but when I looked at the picture I didn't see an angry grimace. I saw a cool classic car. I would use the term "aggressive" for the sporty look that a lot of cars are going with. But I don't get angry, personally I like the style. About the only time I saw an "angry" face was on a Jeep Wrangler, where the front end was modded with clear intent to look angry, to include red headlights. Again, however, I didn't get angry at them. I just shook my head and gave a *sigh* at the ridiculousness of it. We control our attitude, not others. That's something I'm trying to teach my kids right now.

Sponsored

Roy2001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla MX LR; Prius Prime
I have repeatedly complained that Kyle's videos are always 40% too long (and unnecessarily so) - filled with extraneous commentary and repeated observations. Heck, I unsubscribed because I was tired of having my time wasted. But credit where credit is due: This video was ok - a lot of stuff covered in a reasonable period of time. Also, I think, a fair assessment.

As someone who (as a Day 1 reservation holder) got his 2023 Ford F-150 Lightning Pro SR for roughly $42K (after destination, but before taxes, title, etc.), I believe I drive the best value in a real, working truck - with any powertrain - in the world. I have all of the features that make the Lightning the best version of the F-150, and I didn't pay for all the fluff in the highest trims.
Video is for those who cannot or does not want to read. With video you have NO control your speed of "reading" and you cannot find out the point skip whatever not important and can NOT get a conclusion ASAP, purely wasting time.

willk66

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ioniq 5, Ford Maverick
Occupation
retired
The baby seats😂

He said the Lightning has slow steering. I didn't really notice that when I test drove but you don't have much time to notice things like that. I don't like slow heavy steering when driving around town. Is this true?

Funny review- understandable bias with his love of his Rivian. Nice review for very limited time in borrowed vehicles. Nice to see all three parked next to each other you realize just how big an F150 is in comparison. Kind of difficult for the lightning to flex in backseat room with three child seats strapped in😂😂

Looking forward to more of these comparisons- very cool
He said the Lightning has slow steering. I didn't really notice that when I test drove but you don't have much time to notice things like that. I don't like slow heavy steering when driving around town. Is this true?

The Weatherman

First Name
Dean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 RR F150 Lightning Lariat ER, 2020 Explorer PL
Occupation
Retired
No!

kstype

First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
Senior Systems Engineer
Not in my opinion - not sure if he had an issue with he demo he used but I never have a complaint on steering response.

Sponsored

cwstnsko

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
Retired
I understand the appeal of lining these 3 truck up to make content, but don’t really all compete in similar markets.
The only budget EV truck on the market is the Ford Pro and some basic XLTs.
The higher trim level Fords and the Rivian are similarly priced and equipped, but the Rivian is smaller, geared towards adventure and upscale Soccer moms (SUV.) The Ford is geared towards upscale work truck, family hauler and all-around utility.
The Silverado and the Sierra seem to be in between the Rivian and the Ford, and will make for interesting comparisons, but until they scale up, they are mostly rare, deep-pockets, longer range offerings similar to Ford.
The CyberTruck is in none of these categories at this point. It is for the deep-pockets, “look at me” niche, along with the Hummer EV. Those 2 are a better head to head comparison.
Hopefully in a few years, after the rich and the fanatics have got their fill of six-figure Cybertrucks, Telsa will be able to offer trims, pricing and specs that make them relevant in comparisons beyond the Hummer EV.

PreservedSwine

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning
The thought has never crossed my mind (nor anyone else’s for that matter). I suspect he’s referring to the way the ct steer by wire can pull an unusually tight uturn with its 4 wheel steering, and the lightning and rivian steer normally.

willk66

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ioniq 5, Ford Maverick
Occupation
retired
I am probably around 50,000 in line for the CT. I like the idea of the rear wheel steering of the CT (especially since Elon says it can be increased by a future software update). Also the air suspension would make it easier for my elderly in-laws to get in and out. It is hard to pass over the great discounts on the Lightning and the discounted interest rates. I wish the Rivian had better deals because I think it would suit us better. Decisions decisions.

Dinozero

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lightning ER Lariat
My wife said she'd divorce me if I brought a Rivian home. Lol!! She hates it for some reason. I think it looks good.

The lightning is my 7th F150. Needless to say, I love the trucks. Got two little kids right now and it's the perfect size family mobile.

Biggest jealously I have for the Rivian is the longer range. 353 or 410 miles.

If I was an older dad, with grown kids no longer in carseats.. maybe I would've risked divorce and considered a Rivian? Probably not tho..

Had a Tesla and actually missed the dealer network because when you need service Tesla and Rivians model sucks.

Also, pricing. I mean MSRP to MRSP the Rivian is interesting but when the F150 is 20k off MSRP there is just no comparison anymore. NONE.

Zprime29

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
My wife said she'd divorce me if I brought a Rivian home. Lol!! She hates it for some reason. I think it looks good.

The lightning is my 7th F150. Needless to say, I love the trucks. Got two little kids right now and it's the perfect size family mobile.

Biggest jealously I have for the Rivian is the longer range. 353 or 410 miles.

If I was an older dad, with grown kids no longer in carseats.. maybe I would've risked divorce and considered a Rivian? Probably not tho..

Had a Tesla and actually missed the dealer network because when you need service Tesla and Rivians model sucks.

Also, pricing. I mean MSRP to MRSP the Rivian is interesting but when the F150 is 20k off MSRP there is just no comparison anymore. NONE.
I jumped the gun last Feb (2022) and paid over MSRP. I didn't look very far outside my area for one thing, and I was worried price would continue to rise after seeing the bump for 23's. In hindsight, I shoulda waited, but given what I knew then I'm not overly upset about it. I'm definitely waiting for some better prices to replace the Pilot tho!
Sponsored