• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Long ship delays (>60 days from build to arrival)

luebri

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22' F150 Lightning (Lariat ER), 22' Pathfinder SL
My opinion. The small companies in charge of delivering last mile won't load a truck until they have a full load. With fuel costs and the pending shortage of diesel they won't waste any moves. This, the volume of new deliveries, driver shortage all are adding up. This is ok in my opinion. Ford just needs to have accurate logistics and GPS location on these things.
I disagree... accuracy is not enough. They need to have a "trip wire". Everyone agrees, we want the haulers to have a full load but if it goes 'x' amount of days passed normal it needs to move along, customers rule in business. If Ford pays a penalty so be it... they failed to fill up the ride. I will not lose sight of the fact, there is no ability for Customer to just buy it off the assembly line. Help us solve the truck shortage. I would have loved to have paid my $1700 delivery fee +++++ for a flight for me and a dealer service tech to go to Detroit to inspect and sign off and been on my way 9 weeks ago, If that were an option. I am literally going to drive by the train yard my truck is in twice in Illinois in the next 5 days and tour the Rouge facility. (and hopefully watch my Packers finally win)

The question I wonder to @Ford Motor Company is truly what is acceptable? 2 months? 4 months? 8 months? 7 model years? When is enough enough and someone does something?
Sponsored

Drayday55

First Name
Andre
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Lariat Lightning
Occupation
Contractor
I disagree... accuracy is not enough. They need to have a "trip wire". Everyone agrees, we want the haulers to have a full load but if it goes 'x' amount of days passed normal it needs to move along, customers rule in business. If Ford pays a penalty so be it... they failed to fill up the ride. I will not lose sight of the fact, there is no ability for Customer to just buy it off the assembly line. Help us solve the truck shortage. I would have loved to have paid my $1700 delivery fee +++++ for a flight for me and a dealer service tech to go to Detroit to inspect and sign off and been on my way 9 weeks ago, If that were an option. I am literally going to drive by the train yard my truck is in twice in Illinois in the next 5 days and tour the Rouge facility. (and hopefully watch my Packers finally win)

The question I wonder to @Ford Motor Company is truly what is acceptable? 2 months? 4 months? 8 months? 7 model years? When is enough enough and someone does something?
Good point. I agree about the trigger to move the product after x days. There could be union drama mixed into this as well. They may not have the authority over the shipper as we think they should. I'd love to find out

badger_7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Lightning Lariat / 2021 Tesla Model Y
Occupation
Network Engineer
My opinion. The small companies in charge of delivering last mile won't load a truck until they have a full load. With fuel costs and the pending shortage of diesel they won't waste any moves. This, the volume of new deliveries, driver shortage all are adding up. This is ok in my opinion. Ford just needs to have accurate logistics and GPS location on these things.
I really doubt it’s the logistics companies. I’m leaning manufacturing issue (missing chip, module, etc) that was pushed out to be stored elsewhere. My truck had its shipping scheduled within a week of its arrival, but Ford cancelled it and put a stop-ship on the truck. Now I guess its just waiting on a roaming technician to fix it. In the time it has taken, tho, I could probably have gone to one of those Ford-accredited schools and gotten certified on whatever portion my truck needs and done it myself!

Drayday55

First Name
Andre
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Lariat Lightning
Occupation
Contractor
I really doubt it’s the logistics companies. I’m leaning manufacturing issue (missing chip, module, etc) that was pushed out to be stored elsewhere. My truck had its shipping scheduled within a week of its arrival, but Ford cancelled it and put a stop-ship on the truck. Now I guess its just waiting on a roaming technician to fix it. In the time it has taken, tho, I could probably have gone to one of those Ford-accredited schools and gotten certified on whatever portion my truck needs and done it myself!
I think Ford has its fingers in a lot of the delays yes I agree. I just can't see them wasting thier time with shipping. It's not what they are good at ( obviously lol). Ultimately it's thier responsibility but I think they only get involved in certain vehicles once they leave.
When I was talking with the owner of El cajon Ford yesterday I showed him Taxmans spreadsheets and told them we know more about Fords logistics patterns then they think. When I brought up @Viet658 situation that it's being held at a train yard for a Ford tech he didn't seem surprised. And without saying as much his body language suggested that it does happen. I'm super shocked about this. It doesn't sound like wise moves on Fords part to send roaming technicians to dirt/paved lots to work on vehicles.
Just like thier normal warranty procedure, they should ship parts ahead of arrival or just after to the dealer so their technicians can perform the repairs and send Ford a bill... But I think this may not be happening because the lightning is so new?.. Maybe they need the rovers to hit 3 or 4 trucks at a time and report back to the factory on QC? I dunno... like I said. It seems super wasteful. I'm just a contractor, I don't build cars lol.

badger_7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Network Engineer
I was talking to the operations manager at my dealer about that. The dealership has a Ford authorized repair center filled with Ford certified technicians, why not deliver the parts and the truck to the dealership with a No-Sale clause until the issue is corrected? One would imagine that a manufacturer with over a century of experience building cars and working with their dealership network, this would be sorted out better.
Also, I see the "allow enough trucks to stack up to make it worth the visit" kind of mentality, but dang man, waiting over two months for it to line up is ridiculous.

It just hurts my heart knowing that I'll be taking delivery long after MY2023 trucks wind up with their owners -_-

Sponsored

Viet658

First Name
Viet
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Tesla Model 3, 2022 Lightning Lariat ER
I think Ford has its fingers in a lot of the delays yes I agree. I just can't see them wasting thier time with shipping. It's not what they are good at ( obviously lol). Ultimately it's thier responsibility but I think they only get involved in certain vehicles once they leave.
When I was talking with the owner of El cajon Ford yesterday I showed him Taxmans spreadsheets and told them we know more about Fords logistics patterns then they think. When I brought up @Viet658 situation that it's being held at a train yard for a Ford tech he didn't seem surprised. And without saying as much his body language suggested that it does happen. I'm super shocked about this. It doesn't sound like wise moves on Fords part to send roaming technicians to dirt/paved lots to work on vehicles.
Just like thier normal warranty procedure, they should ship parts ahead of arrival or just after to the dealer so their technicians can perform the repairs and send Ford a bill... But I think this may not be happening because the lightning is so new?.. Maybe they need the rovers to hit 3 or 4 trucks at a time and report back to the factory on QC? I dunno... like I said. It seems super wasteful. I'm just a contractor, I don't build cars lol.
Just to add an update. I reached out to my dealer today if they had any updated info and they said they had nothing new. Feeling less confident about the latest ETA of 11/8-11/14. Just waiting for a revised date today or tomorrow delaying delivery like what has happened the last few times as the date was drawing near.

badger_7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Network Engineer
Just to add an update. I reached out to my dealer today if they had any updated info and they said they had nothing new. Feeling less confident about the latest ETA of 11/8-11/14. Just waiting for a revised date today or tomorrow delaying delivery like what has happened the last few times as the date was drawing near.
My money is on the window being updated on 11/9. Any takers? Secondary bet on my window (same 11/8-14) doing the same. Historically speaking, it’s easy money!

Drayday55

First Name
Andre
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Lariat Lightning
Occupation
Contractor
My money is on the window being updated on 11/9. Any takers? Secondary bet on my window (same 11/8-14) doing the same. Historically speaking, it’s easy money!
I bet a dollar that it showes up 11/14

Drayday55

First Name
Andre
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Lariat Lightning
Occupation
Contractor
Let's get some positivity towards this situation.

luebri

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Oh I'm in on this... Same current window (same 11/8-14) since 11/9 is taken I'll take 11/10 for the kick out, but 11/9 is probably the strongest odds.

BTW... my dealer, nor Ford chat has ever mentioned the word "hold" with my truck. Everything I've heard (which isn't much) implies trucking issue.

Also I'd be remiss not to welcome @mklcolvin to 50+ days since shipment club 😥

@ExCivilian looks like your big day is tomorrow 😥

The club your allowed to join, but apparently not allowed to leave!

Ford F-150 Lightning Long ship delays (>60 days from build  to arrival) Screen Shot 2022-11-03 at 6.46.37 PM

Last edited:

Sponsored

Viet658

First Name
Viet
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Tesla Model 3, 2022 Lightning Lariat ER
I must be a glutton for punishment. Better off just closing my eyes and not looking anymore.
Ford F-150 Lightning Long ship delays (>60 days from build  to arrival) 1667522322224

luebri

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I’ll Take it with a grain of salt, but they have actually bumped me up by a few days. Not the first time I’ve been bumped up. Obviously in the past it came with several bump backs so I’m not holding my breath!

Ford F-150 Lightning Long ship delays (>60 days from build  to arrival) F30BC466-3811-4698-9A06-6146156A6ED8

badger_7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Network Engineer