• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Low Coolant Level and dropping

Whammy Bar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1971 F100 + 2022⚡Lariat ER
Occupation
Electrician
Mine was just in for its scheduled service a few months ago. Just went to check and sure enough... add me to the list.

Ford F-150 Lightning Low Coolant Level and dropping 1000020979
Sponsored

OP
OP
MoJoLightning

MoJoLightning

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning Lariat ER
I had my coolant reservoir topped off last month. I'm continuing to monitor it for change. Dealer did suggest the next step would be a pressure test.

Walle1jm

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ford F-150 Lightning SR XLT 312A
I had my coolant reservoir topped off last month. I'm continuing to monitor it for change. Dealer did suggest the next step would be a pressure test.
Looks like I’m in the same boat. I took a look this afternoon when doing the frunk beep removal and saw similar low coolant level. Sounds like consensus is just buy from Ford and grab a funnel and level it up a bit?

Stalemate

First Name
Jeffrey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2004 Mustang, 2023 F-150 Lightning Lariat
Occupation
Utility Electrician
Yeah that's what I did. When I took delivery in October it was right around the 'MIN' mark. Over the course of several weeks I noticed it dropping. I filled it up to about halfway between the two marks and it hasn't moved since.

Zzebro

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lightning Lariat
Happened to me after my battery module got replaced. Had to top it off after each trip a handful of times before it stabilized. I assumed there was air in the system after the module replacement.
Has yours remained stabilized or have you had future issues? I just had a module replaced, lost cabin heat, noticed empty reservoir, filled it, drove for an hour, empty again.

Sponsored

sstevetx

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat ER w/Max Tow - Atlas Blue
Has yours remained stabilized or have you had future issues? I just had a module replaced, lost cabin heat, noticed empty reservoir, filled it, drove for an hour, empty again.
It stabilized and hasn't needed any more top offs

Knightro2

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning
Man I love this forum. I was getting some stuff out of my trunk tonight and noticed my reservoir is empty. I did have a battery module replaced a few months ago so I'm chalking it up to that. I'll be running to the dealership to get a gallon just to have.

Maquis

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E E4-X; 2023 Lightning Lariat ER
Man I love this forum. I was getting some stuff out of my trunk tonight and noticed my reservoir is empty. I did have a battery module replaced a few months ago so I'm chalking it up to that. I'll be running to the dealership to get a gallon just to have.
I’d tell them that they owe you a gallon for not filling it properly when they serviced it.

Knightro2

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning
Yea, I'm sure they would top it off for me with no argument. My service manager is great. However, the dealer is 30 minutes away (1+ hour round-trip depending on traffic). It's worth it to me to order a gallon for $25 on Amazon.

Montecarlossfan

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Azure Gray XLT Lightning
Occupation
Programmer
Yea, I'm sure they would top it off for me with no argument. My service manager is great. However, the dealer is 30 minutes away (1+ hour round-trip depending on traffic). It's worth it to me to order a gallon for $25 on Amazon.
If you have anything else you need, rockauto was like 11.76 for a gallon, just had to use my 2011 as the vehicle for the the vc13 type to show up.
I’m guessing with shipping it’s still less than 25 even add in 5% code from rock auto.
Sponsored