Lug nut lock or wheel Lock location on 23 Platinum

Whitelight

First Name
Cheyne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Ford Lightning
Does anyone know where I can find the lug nut/wheel lock in truck? I have a 2023 Platinum. Thank you
Sponsored

invertedspear

Threads
Reaction score
Website
lightningcalcs.pages.dev
Vehicles
Antimatter Blue XLT (312A) ER, 2004 Jeep TJ
Does anyone know where I can find the lug nut/wheel lock in truck? I have a 2023 Platinum. Thank you
I don't think this was a factory install. Usually dealers install the lock nut and overcharge you for it as a dealer add.

That being said, they usually stick the key and the lugs they replaced in the glove box, or the upper dash storage above the glove box. Might also have stuck it in the rear under-seat storage. If you still can't find it, head back to your dealer and ask them where they would have stowed it.

Pioneer74

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER - 2022 Mach-E Premium
Occupation
Electrician
Check behind the rear passenger seat. The dealers usually tie the bag with the key to the jack mount.

SpaceEVDriver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning, 2022 Mustang Mach-E
I put those dealer scam objects along with those awful "keyed" lug nuts, where they belong, in the trash.

Lucky Larry

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 Lightning, RX 350, GMC SIERRA, Pontiac Solstice
One other place to look is in the centre console. if you cant find the locking lug nut key. you can ask your salesman/dealer to see if they have it. If they don't have it the next thing to check is for is a "Lock I.D.card" in with your paperwork. It will be about 3"x 4" and will have 3 sections. the information on this card can be used to order a replacement key from McGard as they make the lock sets for Ford.

The top section of the lock i.d. card will have a qr code on it , the middle section will have the Ford part number EK4Z-1A043-A, a 6 digit "bid number" directly below part number, a 5 digit "Julian date" on the left below the "keep this section" text, and a 5 digit "kit number" on the right. The lower 1/3 portion will have the McGard logo on it and most of the information in the middle section.

The bid number, Julian date and kit number can be used to order a replacement key after you set up an account at cs.mcgard.com. replacement keys are around $16 US

RickLightning

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Lightning ER Lariat,'22 Mach-E Premium 4X
You can find it wherever the dealer put it. Go through every compartment, and the door storage bins, and under the back seat.
Sponsored