• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

LVB “normal” state of charge?

chl

First Name
CHRIS
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2001 FORD RANGER, 2023 F-150 LIGHTNING
I'm suspect of the platform data accuracy, I just looked at mine, showed 91% this after the truck sitting dormant/off for 3.5 hours, then I exercised the doors unlock/lock, waited 15 seconds, then refresh the account status, still shows solid 91% and again after reading your update I check again and it's still 91%.

I don't know if Ford relies on MS cloud services, but they are have Azure issues today, I thought maybe they used AWS for cloud.
Just checked it again - now says 79% - hopefully accurate and will continue rising the rest of the day.
Sponsored

chl

First Name
CHRIS
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Just checked it again - now says 79% - hopefully accurate and will continue rising the rest of the day.
Refreshed the page, logged back in, account dashboard now says 56%
seems unreliable to me

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow
Occupation
Retired
Refreshed the page, logged back in, account dashboard now says 56%
seems unreliable to me
To say the least!!! Something odd going on with your truck, wondering if the LVB capacity has been compromised, might want to have them do a complete load & capacity test at the dealership, if you schedule a visit.

I just got back from afternoon errands & doctor visits, SOC upon shutting down the truck was 92% on the LVB. I won't be touching the truck until Wednesday morning, I'll see how mine settles over the coming 14 hours.

chl

First Name
CHRIS
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
To say the least!!! Something odd going on with your truck, wondering if the LVB capacity has been compromised, might want to have them do a complete load & capacity test at the dealership, if you schedule a visit.

I just got back from afternoon errands & doctor visits, SOC upon shutting down the truck was 92% on the LVB. I won't be touching the truck until Wednesday morning, I'll see how mine settles over the coming 14 hours.
Very strange indeed.

Maybe the battery is no good - the customer service person on the Software Update section (assuming the phone tree made any difference) said if I take it to the dealer about the update issue, to have them check the battery.

I have seen on some threads about the update issue on various sites that once the battery was replaced, the updates went through without a hitch.

I am giving it one more try - this time with a battery maintainer that is ok to use with AGM batteries - hooked up to the under-the Frunk jump terminals on the passenger side under the plastic cover. On one thread someone trickle charged their battery and got the updates overnight while it was on the trickle charger.

Truck "OFF" of course, well, as "OFF" as I can make it with the power button anyway.

It is a battery maintainer (CarQuest CQ-075CR) - in the guide that came with it, it says it can be used with any 12v Lead Acid battery including AGM batteries.

I have used it with my 2012 Nissan Leaf 12v battery without any issues so I trust it.

If the charge level on the account dashboard doesn't go up after a few hours on the trickle charger, then I will assume I have a bad battery or a bad sensor reporting garbage to the communications system.

The trickle charger is not indicating any battery problem - a red light would mean the battery cannot be charged - dead as a door nail - the light is blinking green indicating a normal trickle charge.

Time will tell.

Jim Lewis

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda Accord 2017; 2023 Lariat ER
Occupation
Retired
Have you tried, shutting down your paired mobile devices and moved the key-fob's far from the truck, I've had luck in the past doing this, just another bit of witchcraft to consider.
Another example like the Home Integration System (Whole Home Backup) where Ford engineers did not have their thinking caps on and consider real-world situations very carefully. My garage is built into my house, and the truck is in the garage ~10 to 15 feet from where I sit at the kitchen table (the door to the garage shows to the right and above my head in my avatar picture in this post). I also go in and out of the house to the backyard, walking through the back hall carrying my iPhone many times a day. I'm not supposed to do that to avoid waking my truck?! :crackup:

So much of the day, I'm very close to my truck, although we're in separate "rooms" of the house. I'm a hearing aid wearer, and having my phone's Bluetooth turned on is essential for my hearing aid use. Since I want to be able to answer the phone ~anywhere in the house, we have a 5-handset Panasonic DETECT cordless phone system. My phone Bluetooth has to be on to connect to the Panasonic base unit to take a phone call from my iPhone and relay it to the other DETECT cordless handsets scattered throughout the house. If my phone rings, all the Panasonic handsets will ring by relay from the base unit, and I can pick one of those up wherever I am, even if my iPhone is back in the kitchen.

If you're an earbud wearer, the same thing goes. You're probably going to have Bluetooth on your phone most of the day to make use of your earbuds (some people stream heavily throughout the day, listening to Spotify, Apple Music, or their favorite podcasts, etc.).

In the case of the HIS unit, having the Bluetooth module in the truck on the opposite side of the vehicle from where the charging port and FCSP are is madness. Ford engineers apparently only tested the system in "lab" conditions, not in real-world situations heavily laden with Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, and other EMI (this from someone high up in Sunrun).

Reactions: chl

Sponsored

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow
Occupation
Retired
I'm not supposed to do that to avoid waking my truck?! :crackup:
😵 ....ONLY..... when fretting over getting an OTA to finish successfully, otherwise do as you see fit.

Jim Lewis

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda Accord 2017; 2023 Lariat ER
Occupation
Retired
ONLY..... when fretting over getting an OTA to finish successfully, otherwise do as you see fit.
What FordPass ought to have is a sequence of "notification" settings whereby you could fine-tune the interaction between your truck and your smartphone. Smartphones and even computers these days have "Do Not Disturb" and "Focus" settings whereby you can set the time of day and what sort of app/situation allows a "breakthrough." There could be a Do Not Disturb toggle on the FordPass home page.

I'm not just thinking of helping OTA updates complete. I'd like to avoid unnecessarily running down my LVB by being around or walking by my truck much of the day. Ford engineers must have designed their system for folks who have their trucks parked relatively far away out in the driveway or street.

Reactions: chl

Scorpio3d

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Ford F150 Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
SS/IBA car wash owner
What FordPass ought to have is a sequence of "notification" settings whereby you could fine-tune the interaction between your truck and your smartphone. Smartphones and even computers these days have "Do Not Disturb" and "Focus" settings whereby you can set the time of day and what sort of app/situation allows a "breakthrough." There could be a Do Not Disturb toggle on the FordPass home page.

I'm not just thinking of helping OTA updates complete. I'd like to avoid unnecessarily running down my LVB by being around or walking by my truck much of the day. Ford engineers must have designed their system for folks who have their trucks parked relatively far away out in the driveway or street.
I have the same situation at home, but also I own a Carwash(at least as much as I own my house …well actually I work for the bank) so I get there every morning and get out of the truck and lock it to clean up and do whatever else needs to be done and walk by my truck at least 5 to 10 times while doing various things. So of course, when you get however close it turns the lights on then when you get away, they go off then when you get close enough again, they turn on again it kind of cracks me up sometimes!

chl

First Name
CHRIS
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Well, finally!!! Update success...but, look what happened to my tires!

Ford F-150 Lightning LVB “normal” state of charge? Update success but tire pressure - OMG

So last night I hooked the truck up to the FCSP, turned it on in Drive Ready mode, turned off auto shut-off and lights etc., set it to charge beginning at 1am to 90% (said it would go to 4:22am), set the update to install at 4:30am, turned off pro-power-on-board, got out, locked the doors and went to bed.

At 8:20am I work up and checked the truck - it was asking me to turn off the truck to do the update but that was before 4:30am. So I rescheduled the update for 8:30am and turned off the truck, unplugged it from FCSP, and locked it.

Around 9:00am I checked FordPass - no truck connectivity. I figured that might mean the truck is updating and can't answer the phone right now, so I waited a bit. 9:15am still no truck - look out the window - it's still there.

So I go on the PC log-in to the Ford account and viola - update success! I guess that's why FordPass on my tablet will no longer connect to the truck. LVB battery at 79% (so it says). But look at my tire pressure! They must be about to explode!

Well, now I have the update and will have to figure out what it messed up besides the FordPass communication...alas.

This is what it is supposed to be:
-----

UPDATE SUCCESSFUL

Check out what’s new! Regular Ford Power-Up software updates like this enhance the quality, capability, and convenience of your vehicle.

Automatic Updates: On

Recurring Schedule: Wed at 8:30 AM Sat at 8:30 AM

Last successful software update completed on:
07/31/2024

What's in This Update?

Priority Update- Powertrain

Your vehicle has been updated with following:

Customer Satisfaction Program 23B57

We updated the Battery Energy Control Module (BECM) software strategy to adjust the way your vehicle performs if a voltage deviation is identified within the high voltage battery. This completes customer satisfaction program 23B57. There is nothing more you need to do to complete this customer satisfaction program.

SYNC Navigation

SYNC navigation has been updated to anticipate conditions along your route and schedule battery cooling to meet the unique demands of your trip.

Software updates are designed to help make your vehicle better over time.

23-PU1129-CBC-ODP
-----
The saga continues...

Sponsored

Scorpio3d

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Ford F150 Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
SS/IBA car wash owner
Well, finally!!! Update success...but, look what happened to my tires!

Update success but tire pressure - OMG.jpg

So last night I hooked the truck up to the FCSP, turned it on in Drive Ready mode, turned off auto shut-off and lights etc., set it to charge beginning at 1am to 90% (said it would go to 4:22am), set the update to install at 4:30am, turned off pro-power-on-board, got out, locked the doors and went to bed.

At 8:20am I work up and checked the truck - it was asking me to turn off the truck to do the update but that was before 4:30am. So I rescheduled the update for 8:30am and turned off the truck, unplugged it from FCSP, and locked it.

Around 9:00am I checked FordPass - no truck connectivity. I figured that might mean the truck is updating and can't answer the phone right now, so I waited a bit. 9:15am still no truck - look out the window - it's still there.

So I go on the PC log-in to the Ford account and viola - update success! I guess that's why FordPass on my tablet will no longer connect to the truck. LVB battery at 79% (so it says). But look at my tire pressure! They must be about to explode!

Well, now I have the update and will have to figure out what it messed up besides the FordPass communication...alas.

This is what it is supposed to be:
-----

UPDATE SUCCESSFUL

Check out what’s new! Regular Ford Power-Up software updates like this enhance the quality, capability, and convenience of your vehicle.

Automatic Updates: On

Recurring Schedule: Wed at 8:30 AM Sat at 8:30 AM

Last successful software update completed on:
07/31/2024

What's in This Update?

Priority Update- Powertrain

Your vehicle has been updated with following:

Customer Satisfaction Program 23B57

We updated the Battery Energy Control Module (BECM) software strategy to adjust the way your vehicle performs if a voltage deviation is identified within the high voltage battery. This completes customer satisfaction program 23B57. There is nothing more you need to do to complete this customer satisfaction program.

SYNC Navigation

SYNC navigation has been updated to anticipate conditions along your route and schedule battery cooling to meet the unique demands of your trip.

Software updates are designed to help make your vehicle better over time.

23-PU1129-CBC-ODP
-----
The saga continues...
Maybe you got the monster truck tire OTA🤣😂🤣

chl

First Name
CHRIS
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Maybe you got the monster truck tire OTA🤣😂🤣
That's one hell of a tire!

I rebooted FordPass on the tablet and started the truck and now they are talking again.

And ONE of the tires is back to a "normal" 39 psi:
Ford F-150 Lightning LVB “normal” state of charge? tire pressure 2 - OMG

LOL.

To err is human, to really screw up, you need a computer (with wheels?)
Sponsored