First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150 Lightening Platinum, Chrysler Pacifica PHEV
Occupation
Employed.
I was wondering if anyone has had better success with the Carplay panel for the MyQ Garage Door application. If I'm close to home it pops up in this corner, and always says "Updating". It never gets farther. Eventually when I' more than 1/2 mile away it turns to a different panel.
Ford F-150 Lightning MyQ Panel on Carplay IMG_3648
Sponsored

jerock

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning
I have MyQ garage doors but have never seen this popup.

GDN

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning Lariat ER, Performance Y
Occupation
IT
Are you paying for MyQ as a service, or is this from the standard iPhone app? I don't have a widget of any kind that I can add to CarPlay. Truly I don't have a need as I use the integrated opener built into the visor, but interesting to say the least.

Yellow Buddy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150L Pro, Rivian R1T, Model S, Model X
Occupation
Smart Ass
Are you paying for MyQ as a service, or is this from the standard iPhone app? I don't have a widget of any kind that I can add to CarPlay. Truly I don't have a need as I use the integrated opener built into the visor, but interesting to say the least.
I have the MyQ and the app isn’t selectable in my CarPlay screen. So I doubt it’s the service. It looks more like the Apple Home Automation icon.

I have the Apple HomeKit hub, but it hasn’t popped up for me, but that might be because I don’t have location rules set up right now. In the past, with location rules set up, the phone asks for confirmation as I approach. I have seen a stuck updating status before, and that typically requires me to reset/update my hub (Apple TV for me) for the services to start up again.

Reactions: GDN

Jim Lewis

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda Accord 2017; 2023 Lariat ER
Occupation
Retired
I imagine Ford (and Amazon) are eventually going to try to charge us for using Alexa in the truck, but I have enabled Alexa to open and close my garage door as well as turn the outside garage lights on and off via a TP-Link Wi-Fi light switch (am saving the planet by running lots of Wi-Fi devices 24x7 at my house! 🙄 )—Alexa's great, when it works. The problem is the hand-off between home Wi-Fi and cellular on my iPhone - and also, CarPlay seems to kill connectivity to my garage Wi-Fi extender. I have a Meross garage door opener that can be used as an Echo device. So I just need to say, "Alexa, open my garage door," and "Alexa, close my garage door" to have it happen. Alexa will ask for a 4-digit open code (it could be longer), so I always cup my hand over my mouth as I say it, being a paranoid ex-New Yorker (NYC).

Maybe you don't need a functional MyQ widget in CarPlay (Meross doesn't show up by default). Perhaps you could just use Alexa during the 3-year trial period to control your garage door by voice?

Sponsored

queuewho

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning Lariat SR
MyQ recently stopped allowing community use of their API. I got a ratgdo to continue to be able to know my door's status and control it in home assistant. I'm able to use Google voice commands to open it, or directly from my phone home assistant app. BUT I would really like it if I could leave a button like that up all the time though.

GDN

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning Lariat ER, Performance Y
Occupation
IT
MyQ recently stopped allowing community use of their API. I got a ratgdo to continue to be able to know my door's status and control it in home assistant. I'm able to use Google voice commands to open it, or directly from my phone home assistant app. BUT I would really like it if I could leave a button like that up all the time though.
What is the purpose for wanting a button like that? I get it if you are GPS enabled and your garage door opens as you pull in your drive (love this feature from Tesla), but the OP is driving a Lariat and has the garage door opener built in to the visor. I'd rather reserve my CarPlay screen space for something else.

There are likely many valid reasons, I'm just trying to understand if the truck already gives you that control?

Jim657

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 F150 Lightning Lariat , 22 Mach E GT
MyQ won’t show up on CarPlay. What you’re seeing is a Siri suggestion from HomeKit. As long as your myQ is connected to a HomeKit hub, it will show up when you have location enabled and you should be able to open and close it. It’ll disappear as you leave your area.

Yellow Buddy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Smart Ass
I imagine Ford (and Amazon) are eventually going to try to charge us for using Alexa in the truck, but I have enabled Alexa to open and close my garage door as well as turn the outside garage lights on and off via a TP-Link Wi-Fi light switch (am saving the planet by running lots of Wi-Fi devices 24x7 at my house! 🙄 )—Alexa's great, when it works. The problem is the hand-off between home Wi-Fi and cellular on my iPhone - and also, CarPlay seems to kill connectivity to my garage Wi-Fi extender. I have a Meross garage door opener that can be used as an Echo device. So I just need to say, "Alexa, open my garage door," and "Alexa, close my garage door" to have it happen. Alexa will ask for a 4-digit open code (it could be longer), so I always cup my hand over my mouth as I say it, being a paranoid ex-New Yorker (NYC).

Maybe you don't need a functional MyQ widget in CarPlay (Meross doesn't show up by default). Perhaps you could just use Alexa during the 3-year trial period to control your garage door by voice?
They definitely will. Alexa is part of the connected services, you should have an expiration date in your app if you go to the connected services section. It’s only a trial

Yellow Buddy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Smart Ass
What is the purpose for wanting a button like that? I get it if you are GPS enabled and your garage door opens as you pull in your drive (love this feature from Tesla), but the OP is driving a Lariat and has the garage door opener built in to the visor. I'd rather reserve my CarPlay screen space for something else.

There are likely many valid reasons, I'm just trying to understand if the truck already gives you that control?
Exactly why I stopped my location services on my HomeKit. I had to push a button anyway, and a physical tactile button was easier to locate and push.

Sponsored

Aminorjourney

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
vehicles that go
I suspect you could use home assistant + Apple Automator to make a shortcut for the garage door.
I’ve got a Ratgdo on order, so I’ll have to play when it arrives ;)

LightningB514

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 Lightning Lariat
Occupation
Accountant
Yes. I get this sometimes. MyQ CarPlay button works like 80% of the time. Sometimes it says connection or updating or it’s open/closed when it isn’t. It’s kind of cool, can’t complain. I would make sure MyQ is updated. Then try signing out and signing back in. You can also try removing it from apps in background. Maybe that will fix it. Good luck.

LightningB514

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 Lightning Lariat
Occupation
Accountant

There are several purposes. You can use Siri to open the garage so no need to push a button. Or sometimes the button won’t open the garage, you have a second option. It’s location based so it only pops up when I’m within a mile from my home. It’s not taking up space when your out and driving only reduces space when your close to home so I doubt having extra space when your getting home matters that much.

mikenky

First Name
mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 tesla model y and 16 chevy volt
Occupation
retired
You have to pay 40. A year for my q. I use the built-in sun visor garage remote.
Sponsored