First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning Lariat ER, Performance Y
Occupation
IT
I suspect you could use home assistant + Apple Automator to make a shortcut for the garage door.
I’ve got a Ratgdo on order, so I’ll have to play when it arrives ;)
Would you mind sharing a bit more for your plans? I'm a full Insteon install for lighting control using Universal Devices ISY and I have Alexa for voice control which is integrated into the Honeywell thermostat and a few other devices.

I've just started following the Home Assistant thread and am curious at a high level if I added a Home Assistant device and the Ratgdo device if I'd be able to then Geofence the house and when arriving home have an automated garage door?

Have you thought through that enough or without research do you know the capabilities of those products combined to make that easily doable?

Edit - @LightningB514 just added a post as I was typing that may help clarify part of this although he is using Siri. If I go down a road of adding more automation, my desire is to go for hands off Geofenced automatic open.
Sponsored

Aminorjourney

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
vehicles that go
Would you mind sharing a bit more for your plans? I'm a full Insteon install for lighting control using Universal Devices ISY and I have Alexa for voice control which is integrated into the Honeywell thermostat and a few other devices.

I've just started following the Home Assistant thread and am curious at a high level if I added a Home Assistant device and the Ratgdo device if I'd be able to then Geofence the house and when arriving home have an automated garage door?

Have you thought through that enough or without research do you know the capabilities of those products combined to make that easily doable?
Hi!
I’ve not had much time to look into it yet, but according to this video:

You *should* be able to get things into HomeAssistant if you use the ratgdo home assistant integration (It’s different to the software I think you have on the ratgdo right now).

Geofencing is a possibility, but I’m always a little squirrely with that, because any system has the potential for false positives.

Reactions: GDN

queuewho

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning Lariat SR
It's pretty awesome so far.

Ford F-150 Lightning MyQ Panel on Carplay 1703098218569

Ford F-150 Lightning MyQ Panel on Carplay 1703098299652

Not sure what the motion sensor is, might just be something some doors have, mine seems to not.

GDN

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
IT
It's pretty awesome so far.

1703098218569.png

1703098299652.png

Not sure what the motion sensor is, might just be something some doors have, mine seems to not.
I have a chamberlain opener, it has a motion sensor just to turn the light on when I walk into the garage.

Is your lift master also internet/cloud connected? When you use the new interface board, does it keep Liftmaster from gathering stats or being able to do any of its own native functions?

GDN

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
IT
Hi!
I’ve not had much time to look into it yet, but according to this video:

You *should* be able to get things into HomeAssistant if you use the ratgdo home assistant integration (It’s different to the software I think you have on the ratgdo right now).

Geofencing is a possibility, but I’m always a little squirrely with that, because any system has the potential for false positives.
Thank you. I'll watch the video in a bit, I had only been to the web site for the product.

queuewho

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning Lariat SR
I have a chamberlain opener, it has a motion sensor just to turn the light on when I walk into the garage.

Is your lift master also internet/cloud connected? When you use the new interface board, does it keep Liftmaster from gathering stats or being able to do any of its own native functions?
Re: walking in... that's the obstruction sensor being tripped, or at least in my case that's what mine does.

For connectivity question... I had one of these:
Ford F-150 Lightning MyQ Panel on Carplay 1703101142536

It is now unplugged, so in my case, the current situation is that there is zero connection from myQ to the internet. Newer openers likely have the functionality of that device built in, and would need to be manually disabled somehow.
Sponsored

Reactions: GDN