First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2024 F-150 L Lariat, 2023 Tesla MY, 2021 Tesla MYP
Occupation
Technonerd
I haven't received any email but even at the "reduced" price it's still way too expensive for my blood especially given the extremely poor roll out of updates. Needs to be in the $50 - $100 per year ballpark with timely roll out of updates for me to even consider it. Until then I'll just get the wife or son to drive when I don't want to once my current as purchased subscription expires :cool: .
Yeah, if I use Tesla's FSD as a baseline at $99/month or $8k lifetime, BlueCruise is worth about $5/month for what it does. I *MIGHT* go $10, but would only subscribe for a single month if I was going on a long, mostly Interstate, trip.
Sponsored

hajalie24

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2024 F-150 Lightning Lariat Antimatter Blue
Someone once said on this forum they put a 1lb weight on the steering wheel so cruise control thinks your hands are on the wheel. I think I'm just going to do this when my trial expires. Hell I should do it now because blue cruise likes to disengage every few miles on curves, etc anyway. Why would I pay for that experience?

COrocket

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150
Can someone explain to me why Iā€™d pay anything for BlueCruise in its current 1.0 form? From my understanding the truck always has lane centering and TACC so it would literally be $500/yr so I donā€™t have to keep my hand on the wheel? That doesnā€™t seem like an incredible burden thatā€™s worth the cost? I donā€™t get it.

Maybe 1.5 auto lane change will be available by the time my new vehicle subscription is up in a little over a year?

Texas Dan

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'04 Envoy XL 4WD, '15 Fusion Energi, '19 Niro EV
Occupation
Engineer
Can someone explain to me why Iā€™d pay anything for BlueCruise in its current 1.0 form? From my understanding the truck always has lane centering and TACC so it would literally be $500/yr so I donā€™t have to keep my hand on the wheel? That doesnā€™t seem like an incredible burden thatā€™s worth the cost? I donā€™t get it.

Maybe 1.5 auto lane change will be available by the time my new vehicle subscription is up in a little over a year?
I use BC going to and coming from work everyday. Itā€™s really nice to be able to drop my hands and let the truck fight with traffic. Thereā€™s something really relaxing about letting the truck do the driving.

I know I would miss BC if I didnā€™t have it so, if I can afford it, why not? A lot of times I have to pay pretty hefty charges my wife racks up that I donā€™t benefit from. At least paying for BC I would get something out of it.

I am a spend thrift and I will go for the better price if I can find it. But I have to say that if you canā€™t afford $50 per month for BC then you probably shouldnā€™t have bought a Lightning at a trim level that has BC on it.

VTHokies

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
ā€˜23 F150 Lightning Lariat ER (Sept ā€˜23 build)
with the prices they are charging for these trucks there should be no subscription fee! I've already paid for the hardware and we are stuck on 1.0 software wise... it's worked great for me driving from Dallas to Houston but I'll never pay for it out of principle!

Sponsored
OP
OP

PrimeRisk

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Technonerd
I am a spend thrift and I will go for the better price if I can find it. But I have to say that if you canā€™t afford $50 per month for BC then you probably shouldnā€™t have bought a Lightning at a trim level that has BC on it.
I can afford it easily. But I also refuse to pay for garbage products as it only encourages them to continue doing what they are doing. There is one simple reason why Ford dropped the price and it sure is not out of the kindness of their heart.

They know their product is bad because they are not getting the subscriptions to make the R&D investment and ongoing development economically viable. They're hoping to squeeze more cash out of the rubes so they can try to make it better before someone in Dearborn pulls the plug completely.

Tick-Tock BlueCruise team...

Texas Dan

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'04 Envoy XL 4WD, '15 Fusion Energi, '19 Niro EV
Occupation
Engineer
I can afford it easily. But I also refuse to pay for garbage products as it only encourages them to continue doing what they are doing.
So youā€™re not going to pay for BC out of principle? Thatā€™s pretty stupid. If you can afford it then either you donā€™t like BC and are not willing to pay for it or you like it and are willing to pay for it.

Of course BC needs improvement but what are you going to do? Pay for it and keep asking Ford to improve it or install an aftermarket system like Comma 3x. Iā€™m not going to be touching BC as long as my truckā€™s in warranty but after I will be seriously looking at installing an aftermarket system if BC hasnā€™t improved.

OP
OP

PrimeRisk

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Technonerd
So youā€™re not going to pay for BC out of principle? Thatā€™s pretty stupid. If you can afford it then either you donā€™t like BC and are not willing to pay for it or you like it and are willing to pay for it.

Of course BC needs improvement but what are you going to do? Pay for it and keep asking Ford to improve it or install an aftermarket system like Comma 3x. Iā€™m not going to be touching BC as long as my truckā€™s in warranty but after I will be seriously looking at installing an aftermarket system if BC hasnā€™t improved.
There are two reasons I will not pay for BlueCruise: I find it to be of very little utility over TACC/Lane Keeping and Ford is showing no signs of efforts to improve their product.

In addition to my '24 Lariat, I have a '21 Tesla MYP and my wife drives a '23 Tesla MYLR. The Autopilot functionality, included at no additional cost, is far superior to BlueCruise as it works on all streets and doesn't constantly disengage at the worst possible moments. I am particularly frustrated by BlueCruise's habit of disengaging on interstate curves while at high speeds. In addition, Tesla provides updates and improves the product at least monthly. They even make a big deal about telling you it is coming and what specific things they are improving via release notes.

Ford F-150 Lightning New BlueCruise e-mail from Ford 1729948359202-xa

You can even just pop open the app to see what version of the software you are on while Ford refuses to even let you know what version you are on.

Ford F-150 Lightning New BlueCruise e-mail from Ford FSD Version

I have also purchased FSD on the MYP. As soon as I took delivery of the Tesla I applied to be in the Beta for FSD and as soon as I was accepted, I subscribed at $199/month (which has now dropped to $99). The first couple weeks I wasn't overly impressed, primarily due to phantom braking, but then I got an update that made significant improvements. A week later I got a minor release that fixed a few other things. Then another update and another. After 2 months I decided that while the product was still a bit rough, Tesla was very clearly committed to a program of continuous improvement, so I wrote the check for $8k to keep it permanently.

My wife is retired and only puts about 500 miles on her Tesla a month, so there isn't a lot of reason to put FSD on her vehicle permanently. We primarily take the MYP on road trips, but if we decide to take hers we just subscribe for the month. Tesla keeps improving and delivering updates to her car too even though she isn't authorized for the product, because Tesla is continuing to try to win her business. Two days ago they provided her with yet another 30 day trial of FSD. There have been a ton of improvements to the product since the last trial was provided in February. My wife is happily using it and recognizes that it has gotten better, so she is considering purchasing it for the current price of $8k.

As for my Lightning, the trial runs out in 5 days and I will not be subscribing. TACC and Lane Keeping have 90% of the utility of BlueCruise and works more predictably. If Ford decides to deliver improvements to my truck and gives me a free 30 day trial to check them out, I will evaluate it for what it is and subscribe if I think it adds value.

Until then, I will continue to communicate my feedback to Ford about BlueCrusie with my wallet.
Sponsored