• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

New truck one week. Frunk stopped opening to the full

Lightning143

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford f150 lightning flash
All of sudden today frunk stopped opening full, it opens about a foot and need to open the rest manually. Tried to set the height adjustment. I started reading threads and looks like No one is successful without going to the dealership.
Please if anyone had luck with any home troubleshoot, thank you in advance. One of the reason to switch to this truck is to avoid dealership hurdles, unfortunately it just took a week and now I'm searching dealerships and service reviews.
Sponsored

carys98

First Name
Cary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning Lariat SR
Search the forum for 24-2103. There is a service bulletin that might apply. There are a lot of frunk threads with different solutions.

OP
OP

Lightning143

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford f150 lightning flash
Bought at a dealership close to philly. Currently couple hundred miles away from philly.

AmandaB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ford Lightning Lariat ER - Red

Sponsored

Maineiac12

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 Lightning XLT 312A
I had the same problem and was able to fix it with FORScan. I reset the frunk module and then ran the self test procedure and that fixed it.

If you don’t have FORScan you can try manually raising the hood and then holding the frunk button for a few seconds until it beeps. That will sometimes reset the opening height.

BennyTheBeaver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning XLT ER
I had the same problem and was able to fix it with FORScan. I reset the frunk module and then ran the self test procedure and that fixed it.

If you don’t have FORScan you can try manually raising the hood and then holding the frunk button for a few seconds until it beeps. That will sometimes reset the opening height.
Alternatively, open the frunk, disconnect the negative 12v terminal. Wait 10 seconds, reconnect negative terminal. Manually close frunk slowly, giving it a firm push right at the end to help it latch. Start your vehicle and open the frunk from inside the cab. See if that remedies your issues...

BarryGoyette

First Name
Barry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lightning Lariat
Occupation
Photographer
All of sudden today frunk stopped opening full, it opens about a foot and need to open the rest manually.
Just had this done. Take to your dealer. They will do software updates and then re-initialize the frunk motor limits. In some cases they will replace the motors but this exact behavior is not uncommon and they should be able to do with the initialization procedure. For me, all the user hacks were a waste of time, so just take it in.

Ford Motor Company

Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150
All of sudden today frunk stopped opening full, it opens about a foot and need to open the rest manually. Tried to set the height adjustment. I started reading threads and looks like No one is successful without going to the dealership.
Please if anyone had luck with any home troubleshoot, thank you in advance. One of the reason to switch to this truck is to avoid dealership hurdles, unfortunately it just took a week and now I'm searching dealerships and service reviews.
Hi there! Would you send us a private message with your VIN and dealership name and location? I’d like to look into this concern on my end.  
Sponsored