First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lighting, Indian Roadmaster
Occupation
Commercial Real Estate
No, I did not take it as being insulting. It was my impression that the writer was simply saying that although some features have been added or removed - the original features are still available through the touchscreen system.
Sponsored

2000Firehawk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER
For those saying they do not have the heated steering wheel feature showing, it is there…just hidden. Once you press the fan symbol and the climate control comes on, you will be able to see the wheel and seat functions.

bydabeach

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lighting Lariat ER; Volvo S60 Recharge
At the bottom of the screen on the new app, there’s a button that allows you to revert to the old app if you want.
Where does one find this button.

Also, WTF is the point of "Horn and Lights" in the Location screen? What a useless feature.

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow & 2024 Harley-Davidson Road Glide CVO-ST
Occupation
Retired
@Ford Motor Company

Vehicle > Location [Button action is non reactive] currently not moving to the map view

Energy > Public Charging [Button action is non reactive] currently not pulling up the public charging display

Bug report sent via the Android Play Store reviews & reports.

Malimal

First Name
Jamali
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning LR
Just got the app today. It is an upgrade but not perfect. Needs Wear OS integration. Nissan has this. It comes in very handy.

Also seeing the status of the door locks would be helpful. As someone mentioned.

Sponsored

The Weatherman

First Name
Dean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 RR F150 Lightning Lariat ER, 2020 Explorer PL
Occupation
Retired
So how much are you willing to pay for all those feature you want back?

I personally am very glad that the FordPass app is not a subscription program. Or that only minimal features are free and if you want the more robust functions it costs you more as you get more.

That is exactly how KIA’s Access program is designed. The full functionality is available for one year after which you pay a subscription fee for anything beyond the standard key fob functionality.

So, let’s be a little more grateful and little less critical.

/end rant

jhawkbear

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lariat ER
For those saying they do not have the heated steering wheel feature showing, it is there…just hidden. Once you press the fan symbol and the climate control comes on, you will be able to see the wheel and seat functions.
It’s not there for all of us. I have all of the other climate controls (including seats), but the heated steering wheel button is not there.

Newton

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
VW e-Golf, Lariat SR, Kia EV6, Toyota T-100
It seems very shortsighted to remove the mapping ability (which I use sometimes) because that is a pretty low cost and low maintenance item - that can be leveraged to provide valuable user data. In a dystopian version, McDonalds could pay them to select charging stops near McDonalds and then start playing McDonalds ads on the entertainment system as you approach. A really smart version might figure out that you would be hungry at the stop and suggest places to eat. along with helping to make orders.

If anything, the app should be more technologically capable than the onboard screen, since bugs to the app don't risk bricking the truck. A smart company would use the app as a testing ground for features to give them a competitive advantage in future trucks.

My hope is that they removed it because they have some upcoming agreement with Google, who does do this sort of stuff. I hope the integration is nice.

Ffxdude

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Lightning
Where does one find this button.

Also, WTF is the point of "Horn and Lights" in the Location screen? What a useless feature.
That is only if you tried the new version exper in app version 4.37. If you upgraded to 5.0 your stuck.

So you can find your truck in a parking lot.…slightly more helpful than the directions button taking you to your apple/google maps to give you a route from your present location to your truck….its been a while since I forgot where I left my vehicle. :headbang:

Sponsored

Madasahatter1138

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Transit
Occupation
Electronics Tech
What does this slider do? I plugged in outside my normal charging hours and hit Start, it then says Charging to 100%, but now this slider is here, but you cant seem to affect the %100..not even if you hit stop, then start..

It will charge to my set 85% during normal scheduled time still, but slider seems useless here.
Also Location button not working for me either.

Ford F-150 Lightning Newly Designed: FordPass 5.0 App®: What to Know Screenshot_20240524_174459_FordPass

Mashedtators

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lightning
What does this slider do? I plugged in outside my normal charging hours and hit Start, it then says Charging to 100%, but now this slider is here, but you cant seem to affect the %100..not even if you hit stop, then start..
It will charge to my set 85% during normal scheduled time still, but alider seems useless here.
I did the same thing last night and woke up to 100% charge on my battery. I normally start charging at 10pm but clicked start at 9:30pm.

Also, I won’t be charging for a couple of days so I’d like to know what happens if someone doesn’t click “start.” Will it charge to the percentage that you’ve set it to or will it go to 100%? Does the setting need to be deleted and recreated to work again?

Status
Not open for further replies.