• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

no SecuriAlert?

jordandev

First Name
Jordan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XLT 302A (on order...)
Have a job1 XLT 302A

I’ve never had SecuriAlert showing up in FordPass or anywhere. Have reinstalled the app etc multiple times.

Truck says I’m on 1.7.1 with Sync saying 21146. I can enable auto updates still unlike others with a seemingly broken 1.7.1.

Haven’t done any messing with FDRS or anything to break things.

Anything I can do to get the SecuriAlert feature to show up?

thanks!
Sponsored

Platinum Peasant

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F150 Platinum 3.0 Powerstroke
Occupation
Neonatal Respiratory Therapist
Where is this feature exactly? I don’t think I’ve ever had it.

ColoradoHunter

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 KR, 4X4, AMB, FX4
Occupation
Retired
My truck is stuck on the 1.7.1 OTA update and has the update buttons grayed out, but I have the security alert feature. It seems some of the updates from 1.7.1 took and some didn't when it failed. I also have the updated dash navigation.

{tpc}

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 302a High SuperCrew 3.5 EB MaxTow
You're not missing much imo. I want to say that tbh, I wouldn't enable this feature unless I was going on vacation and letting my truck sit for a week or something. Thing is, I just went on vacation for a week, and I did not enable the feature.

I tried it once and I found it more annoying than anything else, with constant alerts every time you open the door. IIRC, it does this even if you unlock it with the fob, etc. I wish it just alerted you if the door opened when the truck was locked or the fob was away from the truck, but not how it works, I guess.

Ford Motor Company

Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150
My truck is stuck on the 1.7.1 OTA update and has the update buttons grayed out, but I have the security alert feature. It seems some of the updates from 1.7.1 took and some didn't when it failed. I also have the updated dash navigation.
Hello, Dennis!
Send us a private message with your VIN and the name and location of your local Ford dealer.
I’d be happy to see what I can do to assist with this update concern. Thanks!

Sponsored

AAWhyte

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat 5.0
Occupation
PM
Have a job1 XLT 302A

I’ve never had SecuriAlert showing up in FordPass or anywhere. Have reinstalled the app etc multiple times.
Once you get it working it will be under the vehicle tab at the bottom and then go to Safety and Security. There should be a Securialert button. Everything TPE said is pretty valid, unless you setup a schedule. My schedule I setup runs from 9pm to 6am. If my doors are opened at night my phone lets me know. And it turns off at 6am, I leave around 6:30, so I will not have any alerts after 6am.

flatag

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F-150 XLT FX4
I had Securialert turned on for a Month or so. I wasn’t impressed. The only time it would alert me is if the truck was in my driveway connected to my Wi-Fi. one time it alerted me my door was opened 2 days after the fact. When I took my truck in for an oil change and warranty work the Securialert never let me know the doors were ever opened. I turned it off.

RellIk&5

First Name
Wayne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XLT Black Widow
Once you get it working it will be under the vehicle tab at the bottom and then go to Safety and Security. There should be a Securialert button. Everything TPE said is pretty valid, unless you setup a schedule. My schedule I setup runs from 9pm to 6am. If my doors are opened at night my phone lets me know. And it turns off at 6am, I leave around 6:30, so I will not have any alerts after 6am.

Whenever I try to create a schedule I immediately get an error that Fordpass isn't available. That's the only time that error ever appears for me in the app.

pavementends

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lots of dirt bikes
Occupation
Enginerd
Pixel 6 running Android 12 and FordPass version 4.12.1 has never (since Dec '21 purchase) had a button to create a SecuriAlert schedule, so I've never used the feature. I've looked and looked and no way to create a schedule. Manually turning it on and off seems to work, so I suppose I'd use it if leaving the truck in the airport parking lot for a few days or something, but since scheduling (eg to auto activate while sleeping) has never worked I've chalked it up as another half-baked feature of the truck.

Anyway, OP, it sounds to me like an issue with the FordPass app version on the phone, not the truck-side of things.

Ford F-150 Lightning no SecuriAlert? Screenshot_20220323-085439

Last edited:

AAWhyte

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat 5.0
Occupation
PM
Pixel 6 running Android 12 and FordPass version 4.12.1 has never (since Dec '21 purchase) had a button to create a SecuriAlert schedule, so I've never used the feature. I've looked and looked and no way to create a schedule. Manually turning it on and off seems to work, so I suppose I'd use it if leaving the truck in the airport parking lot for a few days or something, but since scheduling (eg to auto activate while sleeping) has never worked I've chalked it up as another half-baked feature of the truck.

Anyway, OP, it sounds to me like an issue with the FordPass app version on the phone, not the truck-side of things.

Screenshot_20220323-085439.png
S21 Ultra running Android 12:

Ford F-150 Lightning no SecuriAlert? Screenshot_20220323-103007_FordPass

We must have different software in the truck? I have a 22 so maybe the 21's software hasn't caught up to allow the scheduling? Hope that it is an update, it really makes using this feature easy.

Sponsored

Jesse-Infotainment

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
21 has scheduling. 1.4 was the securalert add. it was in the TCU update

If you have 1.7.1 that doesnt mean you had 1.4 the update

TJSparky

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XLT (302A) RockyRidge K2
Whenever I try to create a schedule I immediately get an error that Fordpass isn't available. That's the only time that error ever appears for me in the app.
I get errors every time I try to enable secure alert in the FordPass app as well.

OP
OP

jordandev

First Name
Jordan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
OP
OP

jordandev

First Name
Jordan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
After updating through FDRS I’m on 21281 now yet still no Securialert so may have something else going on with it ??‍♂

RedTXV

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 SQ Limited
I tried it once and I found it more annoying than anything else, with constant alerts every time you open the door. IIRC, it does this even if you unlock it with the fob, etc. I wish it just alerted you if the door opened when the truck was locked or the fob was away from the truck, but not how it works, I guess.
Agreed, annoying more than anything.

Get out of my truck at the store, get an alert. Thanks Ford, I already knew my door was opened. :rolleyes:
Sponsored