• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Securialert - Thoughts?

tonesto7

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Lariat 502A | 3.5L EB
Occupation
IT Admin | Software Developer
I received the 1.40 update 2-3 weeks ago, and the 1.60 ford powerup update last wednesday and still don't have Securialert available to me in FordPass app.

It's irritating!
Sponsored

Bravo36

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 King Ranch FX 4
Occupation
Retired Fed LEO, Current Federal Contractor
I’m going through a divorce. My ex knows the exterior unlock codes.

I want to know every single time my truck doors are opened. Key fob, code, or lock pick. I want to know.

I like it. I love it. I want some more of it. Lol
Just finished up going thru one myself. Loads of fun. I'd suggest changing your unlock codes asap, especially if she is vindictive like mine was. You'll sleep better.

jeffcrum

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 XLT 302A Powerboost 7.2kw Inverter
Occupation
Computer programmer
It doesn't notify on tailgate opening ?‍♂?‍♂

toyko joe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XLT PowerBoost FX4
It doesn't notify on tailgate opening ?‍♂?‍♂
You've noticed that too? Kind of odd that they don't have that included. I'll have to look if the dashboard lets me know that the tailgate is down, and a tailgate closed switch is available (possibly to be run in series or paralleled with another door's sensor?).

I left my truck at the airport over the weekend and had the schedule active but turned on the Securialert outside of the schedule on the first day expecting that the schedule would not over ride that I turned it on manually, however it turned off after the scheduled time on day two... I guess I needed to turn off the schedule for that time and just turn on the SecurIalert until I get back.

JediNut

First Name
Emmett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Ford F-150, '05 Harley Davidson Softail Deuce

Sponsored

JediNut

First Name
Emmett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Ford F-150, '05 Harley Davidson Softail Deuce
Do you have a power tailgate? I tried this again with no luck.
Yes... I have the power tailgate.

If you do not, do you even get an alert inside the truck if your tailgate is down at all?

Heavishot

First Name
Kerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Platinum F-150
I really wish there was a setting to get no alert if the key fob is present. Having my phone blow up every time I get in or out makes the app basically unusable. I just want to know if someone opens the door when I’m NOT at the truck.

toyko joe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
o not, do you even get an alert inside the truck if your tailgate i
No there is no dash notification that the tailgate is open. ...Interesting.

I really wish there was a setting to get no alert if the key fob is present. Having my phone blow up every time I get in or out makes the app basically unusable. I just want to know if someone opens the door when I’m NOT at the truck.
Use the schedule feature, for when you're at work or asleep. Securialert says that it will notify you even if your key has been cloned and the door is open. I think there was an intentional action there.

sglide05

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 XLT
My setup fails when I try to schedule when it alerts me. If I try that the app notifies me it failed. I don't know what else to do. When I'm at the dealer next time I'll have them help me.

Sponsored

blind56

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 2.7EB, 2016 WRX
Mine notifies me if my tailgate was opened, I also have the power tailgate.

toyko joe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
On another plot twist, my tailgate notification shows up on the dash when the truck is in gear, not when in park. Still no SecuriAlert for tailgate open... Yet.

wayfarer556

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XLT Powerboost 302A
Personally I just have it set all the time since I work from home and I live in an apartment complex. It does invoke peace of mind. Push notifications buzz my Apple Watch.

Orlando150

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford
I got my truck on 8/13. Within a week it got the 1.6.0 update then about a week later the 1.4.0 update. My FordPass app has Securialert appear later that day.

Overall it does what it says. I personally don't think I'll get much use out of it (garage at home and working from home) but it's nice to know I could have it on if I'm parked somewhere for a while. For example I was at Disney World this weekend and had it on while parked in their lot. No alerts of course but it offered some peace of mind.

metroshot

First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat F150L + 2023 MME
Occupation
Networking Tech
I am getting a series of SecuriAlert messages saying the doors have been opened while at work.

No one has actually opened the truck because it's locked so I am confused.

Is this normal ?

Ford F-150 Lightning Securialert - Thoughts? Screenshot 2022-07-27 at 11.44.41 AM
Sponsored