Sponsored

No SunRun in my area, how do I educate my local electrician on what is needed?

pstansel

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning Lariat ER, Hyundai EV6
Occupation
Engineer
Looking forward to the report!
Sponsored

adoublee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2 EVs
A properly installed solar\battery system will protect your truck's onboard power just like it would protect your generator and the rest of your home.
That's the point - proper use of the bed outlet is to ensure there is not connectivity with other power sources. Your licensed friend should understand this. He or she should also understand that in a properly designed system an onsite generator also has to be protected from other paralleled sources like solar.

CoreyG

First Name
Corey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning, Ford Transits
Occupation
Construction
The Home Integration System is a seperate entity and as a non-SunRun state, you will need to order it through AEE Express: AEE Express- The online store of AEE Solar, wholesale distributor of solar products and equipment - Sunrun Home Integration System (required to enable Ford Intelligent Backup Power)

The problem is that I believe SunRun is prioritizing SunRun states and specifically their installations that they are doing so us that are out of those states and not having them install it are SOL for now. I have had an order for this piece of electronics since March 25 and my estimated delivery date is November 1st, 2022. I have spoken to them many times and they think it will be sooner than that but will not commit to anything. I have posted on a few other threads that I question whether they even have anything to ship right now that is ready for commercial usage since we have not seen any videos of the actual system, etc... from Ford or SunRun working. Could be vaporware at this point. I would however get your order in sooner rather than later. I have talked to the installer advisors as well about this and they are either clueless (sounds like they hired a lot of new people and set up a new organization to support the activity) or they are not telling the big secret. THey basically just send you to the AEE Express site to order the HIS.
Hi Jay - where in Washington are you? I'm with Washington Generators, and we're installing partner of Sunrun. Give us a call if you need help.

williams

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Powerboost F-150
Occupation
Ford Sales
Even getting it from Sun Run is problematic. They came out for pictures and measurements about 3 weeks ago and now it’s crickets…… they might have not liked that I already had a powerwall and Solar ready to go
my primary concern as well is i also have a solar/powerwall hybrid setup. i didnt use tesla for the inverters, but the panels, controllers, and power walls. i know they will likely just show up and complain.
Sponsored