• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Official looking Lightning spotted @ Yosemite Camp Curry!

Heybucket

First Name
MB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lariat ER
We drove to Yosemite on our summer trip 350 miles from So Calif as my wife had never visited.

I spotted an official looking Yosemite NP Lightning in Yosemite valley near Camp Curry.

1st: Lightning has California plates and tags - not the US Govt plates.

2nd: Since there were no L3 DCFC in the national park how do they charge ? - L2 ?

I had to charge outside the park at a Tesla Supercharger in Oakhurst, CA before arriving to Yosemite.

However, the free L2 chargers scattered around the valley was a nice benefit to top off your EV, but it was a scramble each day to find an available & working L2 charger in Yosemite.

IMG_0661.JPG

IMG_0660.JPG
2nd trip to park a few weeks ago, and have seen this truck at Curry village/main store lot a few times. I agree with others, its probably amarak contract truck. The rivian stations are nice, even used one at far NE end of park on tioga pass! the plus with camping at Yosemite, is the free rivian stations, and there are DCFC just outside the park in Oakhurst and Groveland!

One downside, is rangers will close parking lots at Curry if it gets too busy, but both times while biking past lot, multiple EVSE spots were vacant but no cars could go in since they closed lot!

Our last camp trip was at Hogden Meadows, and there was a resort with a ChargePoint DCFC just outside the entrance gate, so felt ok running all sorts of crazy glamping appliances while camping knowing there was DCFC if we needed it.
Sponsored