• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Official looking Lightning spotted @ Yosemite Camp Curry!

metroshot

First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat F150L + 2023 MME
Occupation
Networking Tech
We drove to Yosemite on our summer trip 350 miles from So Calif as my wife had never visited.

I spotted an official looking Yosemite NP Lightning in Yosemite valley near Camp Curry.

1st: Lightning has California plates and tags - not the US Govt plates.

2nd: Since there were no L3 DCFC in the national park how do they charge ? - L2 ?

I had to charge outside the park at a Tesla Supercharger in Oakhurst, CA before arriving to Yosemite.

However, the free L2 chargers scattered around the valley was a nice benefit to top off your EV, but it was a scramble each day to find an available & working L2 charger in Yosemite.

Ford F-150 Lightning Official looking Lightning spotted @ Yosemite Camp Curry! IMG_0661.JPG

Ford F-150 Lightning Official looking Lightning spotted @ Yosemite Camp Curry! IMG_0660.JPG
Sponsored

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow
Occupation
Retired
Might be an "Enthusiastic" federal employee willing to mark his/her personal vehicle with the parks name! Maybe they can charge at the park facilities?

Amps

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Bolt
No picture, but I saw a Carbonized Gray Metallic Lightning Pro with official U.S. Government plates at the Thomas Jefferson National Accelerator Facility a couple weeks ago.

I laughed out loud and took a picture of an Ioniq5 in JeffLab's parking lot with a 'Friends of Coal' Virginia license plate. EVs are coal fired–at least, to some extent–in most of the United States.

Ford F-150 Lightning Official looking Lightning spotted @ Yosemite Camp Curry! IMG_5981

Ford F-150 Lightning Official looking Lightning spotted @ Yosemite Camp Curry! IMG_5982

OP
OP
metroshot

metroshot

First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat F150L + 2023 MME
Occupation
Networking Tech
Might be an "Enthusiastic" federal employee willing to mark his/her personal vehicle with the parks name! Maybe they can charge at the park facilities?
Yes, that makes sense!

Any official park vehicle has either the federal government plate or state of CA exempt plate.

Must have been a Yosemite worker's personal vehicle since the plates are standard commercial DMV plates issued to regular folks...

ddimit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Tesla model S 2023 F150 Lightning Lairat
Occupation
Manager
NPS contracts out operations to private entities for daily operations. It used to be Curry and company but is now known as Yosemite Concession Services. hence the CA Commercial plate

Sponsored

F150ROD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 IB Lariat Lightning/Miata ND2 Club
Occupation
U.S. Navy Retired
The rare Pro with Extended Battery :love:

TheBigBezo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150 Lightning Lariat ER
I saw some Pro ERs a year ago at Redstone / Marshall in Huntsville, AL. I believe the trucks I saw were NASA's and not the Armys.

hikinbengal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning Lariat ER, Outback, Jeep TJ, Audi A3
Occupation
Engineering Progam Manager
We drove to Yosemite on our summer trip 350 miles from So Calif as my wife had never visited.

I spotted an official looking Yosemite NP Lightning in Yosemite valley near Camp Curry.

2nd: Since there were no L3 DCFC in the national park how do they charge ? - L2 ?

I had to charge outside the park at a Tesla Supercharger in Oakhurst, CA before arriving to Yosemite.

However, the free L2 chargers scattered around the valley was a nice benefit to top off your EV, but it was a scramble each day to find an available & working L2 charger in Yosemite.

IMG_0661.JPG

IMG_0660.JPG
I've visited Yosemite several times with my truck and spoke with these guys. @ddimit is right; the private concessions company bought them. They are ER pro models, and they use the free Rivian L2 chargers, the same as all the park guests. They use them for all kinds of purposes, from food service to engineers.

SMMD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning (ordered)

IMG_0661.JPG

IMG_0660.JPG
We saw at least 2 F150L working vehicles in Yosemite Valley last month. Both were white and one was a Lariat. Most likely owned or leased by the concessionaire, Aramark. Also, there were 10x as many L2’s in the Valley as last year and all were Rivian branded, and free, I believe.

The Weatherman

First Name
Dean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 RR F150 Lightning Lariat ER, 2020 Explorer PL
Occupation
Retired
No picture, but I saw a Carbonized Gray Metallic Lightning Pro with official U.S. Government plates at the Thomas Jefferson National Accelerator Facility a couple weeks ago.

I laughed out loud and took a picture of an Ioniq5 in JeffLab's parking lot with a 'Friends of Coal' Virginia license plate. EVs are coal fired–at least, to some extent–in most of the United States.

IMG_5981.jpeg

IMG_5982.jpeg
Seems like it might be time to change that slightly: ‘The Power Behind America’s PAST.’

Sponsored

Danface

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning XLT
Seems like it might be time to change that slightly: ‘The Power Behind America’s PAST.’
While it's falling quickly, coal still generates 16% of the power in the US so we all may be burning some to get around. As of 2022, coal contributes less to the grid then solar and wind so, in my mind, that's good a thing (for Yosemite and everything else :))

SpaceEVDriver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning, 2022 Mustang Mach-E
As a former Civil Servant, I can tell you that no federal employee with any sense would do that and bring that truck to work. We had to be careful with bumper stickers from our agency.

Sneakypetie78

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2013 F150 limited
Occupation
General Contractor

IMG_0661.JPG

IMG_0660.JPG
I'm headed right there in August.. 👍🏼

Electric_hillbilly

First Name
Enrique
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lighting
Occupation
Military
I saw some Pro ERs a year ago at Redstone / Marshall in Huntsville, AL. I believe the trucks I saw were NASA's and not the Armys.
California Army National Guard has and Reserves have a few lightings on their installations with L2 solar chargers. There is s big push on government to decarbonize

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow
Occupation
Retired
As a former Civil Servant, I can tell you that no federal employee with any sense would do that and bring that truck to work. We had to be careful with bumper stickers from our agency.
I was too, and in the field all the time, I'd NEVER have posted IRS on the side of my truck, but there's one in every bunch.....
Sponsored