Sponsored

Offsets I Need Help Understanding / Fact Checking

SNBI18

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
24 Lariat
I being told the OEM offset of the lighting is +40. The wheel I had picked out was a 0 offset. I was told a 0 would push the wheel out 2 in. And that I should search for nothing more aggressive than a +20 since I'm not doing a level or a lift.

Can anyone confirm that this information is correct when I'm being told.

I had one shop tell me the zero will push out my wheel about an inch and another shop tell me it'll push it out 2 in with drivability issues.
Sponsored

RickLightning

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Lightning ER Lariat,'22 Mach-E Premium 4X

potato

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lightning XLT ER
I being told the OEM offset of the lighting is +40. The wheel I had picked out was a 0 offset. I was told a 0 would push the wheel out 2 in. And that I should search for nothing more aggressive than a +20 since I'm not doing a level or a lift.

Can anyone confirm that this information is correct when I'm being told.

I had one shop tell me the zero will push out my wheel about an inch and another shop tell me it'll push it out 2 in with drivability issues.
If it's the exact same width of wheel and tire, then a 0 offset would have the outside edge 40 mm farther out than stock, or 1.575".

If it's a wider wheel/tire, then 0 offset would push the outside edge out further. Could be 2". If it's a narrower wheel/tire, then 0 offset would push it out less. Could be 1". So the two shops could both have been giving you more or less correct information if they were talking about a specific wheel/tire combo that was a different width.
Sponsored