• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Passenger Side Bed Cubby Question

FloridaMan655321

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1973 F100, 2024 Flash
It looks like there is a locked storage in the passenger side of the bed. Basically opposite side of the Pro Power connections. I can't seem to find in the manual what this is for. Is this just storage?

The reason I'm asking is because I bought a bed liner that covers this up. If it's just storage, I really don't care as there is so much storage in this thing it's kind of silly (in a good way).

Thank you
Sponsored

invertedspear

Threads
Reaction score
Website
lightningcalcs.pages.dev
Vehicles
Antimatter Blue XLT (312A) ER, 2004 Jeep TJ
Just storage they added to the 24 (maybe only the Flash, can't recall) to give it a symmetric look I think. If your drop-in bed liner covers it, you're only loosing a little bin, and maybe a place to add future customizations. No biggie IMO.

OP
OP
FloridaMan655321

FloridaMan655321

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1973 F100, 2024 Flash
Just storage they added to the 24 (maybe only the Flash, can't recall) to give it a symmetric look I think. If your drop-in bed liner covers it, you're only loosing a little bin, and maybe a place to add future customizations. No biggie IMO.
Thanks and yes this is a 24 Flash. I couldn't see anything when poking around besides it looking like a little more storage. Thanks for confirming. I can't see ever using this as it is, so I'm ok with the bed liner covering it. I just wanted to make sure this wasn't required for some special access to something.

Sponsored

MTBAZ

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Lightning Lariat
Occupation
Engineer
Looks like the storage was added for 24. See 12:43 of this video.

MountainAlive

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 Lighting ER 512A
Thanks! Now I totally want to put one of these in mine. Recently when I had to take the tail light off there and install a swing out bed box I thought to myself, wow there’s a lot of wasted space behind here. So I guess it’d have to be cut out with an angle grinder and then retrofit either that exact box part or find something similar and install with a gasket and screws.

MTBAZ

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Lightning Lariat
Occupation
Engineer
I have not found these for a Ford yet, but they look awesome. And they could make my Mexico runs more lucrative... if I went to Mexico.

Ford F-150 Lightning Passenger Side Bed Cubby Question 1726241927712-63

Pioneer74

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER - 2022 Mach-E Premium
Occupation
Electrician
Thanks! Now I totally want to put one of these in mine. Recently when I had to take the tail light off there and install a swing out bed box I thought to myself, wow there’s a lot of wasted space behind here. So I guess it’d have to be cut out with an angle grinder and then retrofit either that exact box part or find something similar and install with a gasket and screws.
They changed the stamping to integrate the storage box. There is also a reinforcement for it riveted to the back of the panel to support it, and a recess was added to make it flush.

I'm not saying you can't add it, but it will never be the same as factory.
Sponsored