Sponsored

Passenger Window Roll-up Slow/Stuttering

scruvs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 Lightning XLT Standard Range
I expect others, like me, may be within sight of the expiration of the 36k warranty. I'm beginning to scrutinize everything that I've noticed with my truck and decide which issues I can live with and which issues I can't.

I wanted to share an issue that I had with the Passenger Window rolling up slow and sometimes stuttering as it came up. It was an issue from day 1. Most of the time, It was hard for me to know if it was just my imagination. I mentioned it to my dealership at my first service. They took the door panel apart and learned that necessary lube was never installed at the factory. Applied lube and the window has been working great since.

I wanted to post this because I hadn't seen this issue elsewhere in the forum, so hopefully it was just my truck. And for those first 10k miles, I didn't know if it was a motor issue, my imagination, or something else. I also thought the dealership might tell me it's operating properly. I'm glad they removed the door panel and discovered the missing lube.

Hope this helps if you're experiencing something similar.
Sponsored

kstype

First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
Senior Systems Engineer
Have not experienced this but thanks for sharing this with the group!

Ford Motor Company

Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150
I expect others, like me, may be within sight of the expiration of the 36k warranty. I'm beginning to scrutinize everything that I've noticed with my truck and decide which issues I can live with and which issues I can't.

I wanted to share an issue that I had with the Passenger Window rolling up slow and sometimes stuttering as it came up. It was an issue from day 1. Most of the time, It was hard for me to know if it was just my imagination. I mentioned it to my dealership at my first service. They took the door panel apart and learned that necessary lube was never installed at the factory. Applied lube and the window has been working great since.

I wanted to post this because I hadn't seen this issue elsewhere in the forum, so hopefully it was just my truck. And for those first 10k miles, I didn't know if it was a motor issue, my imagination, or something else. I also thought the dealership might tell me it's operating properly. I'm glad they removed the door panel and discovered the missing lube.

Hope this helps if you're experiencing something similar.
Hey there! Can you please send me a PM with your VIN and dealer name/location so I can look into this passenger window concern for you? To send a private message, just click on our username and select "Start Conversation". I'd be happy to see what I can do to assist!

Thunder1809

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 Lightning Lariat ER, Carbonized Grey
Occupation
Engineer
I have this on my drivers side window and assume it is the same fix. Will ask my dealer the next time I take the truck in for service.

chl

First Name
CHRIS
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2001 FORD RANGER, 2023 F-150 LIGHTNING
I used to have that issue with my 2001 Ranger now and then after my son left the passenger window open a crack and it rained one night.

After a while it dried out and worked fine.

One time after the truck sat for a long time unused, the 12v battery was low and the window wouldn't respond until the battery gained some charge from the running engine.

The Lightning's have had a fair number of problems with the LV battery getting low, and if it got low enough, things like the window motors might hesitate or fail. Motors ask for more current to start so a weak battery might not be able to provide it.
Sponsored