• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Stuttering at 47-52mph

Jakester

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Ford Lghtning
Occupation
Engineer
The only "Bad Gas" I've ever had in my Lightning was after overindulging at the White Castle drive-thru. :cool:
Mine is after mexican food LOL maybe he got some bad electric to the bad gas coomment
Sponsored

Ddefazio

First Name
David DeFazio
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
Appreciate your reply. I’m definitely not an expert in this regard so I glad to hear everyone’s perspective on addressing this issue. Has anyone noticed improvement after realignment? I’ll admit that I haven’t done this yet myself and will report back once I do.
I have had new tires put on and was charged for an alignment. The vibration is less but still very much there.
Ford has asked me form my vin, dealer etc on this board, which I had given to them, but have never heard anything back.
Annoying to spend so much and have this issue.
Have also had 2 lightbars replaced, battery sensors,some dashboard tray, etc.
Hopefully someone will recieve an answer.
I dont think it's a tire balance issue( though that is what it feels like) or an alignment issue.

GoodSam

First Name
Good
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
17CRV, 22 Lightning XLT 312A SR iced blue silver
Occupation
occupying space
@Ddefazio curious as to what your build date is (sticker driver's door), your model & year, and mileage on your truck? I am guessing you have a 2022. Also, what was the battery sensor issue?

Citizen0

First Name
Seth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150 Lightning Lariat ER, Anti-Matter Blue
Occupation
CTO
Just an update. I have not noticed the problem lately. I have not done anything to correct the issue, but I do rotate my tires every 10k miles. Perhaps that contributed to the "fix", or perhaps a software update came down that did something.

I'll be rotating my tires again within a couple of weeks (50k miles!) and will report if the problem recurs or if things "feel" different.

Adventureboy

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lightning Lariat
If it is the same stutter as mine, rotating the tires or even changing tires/rims completely has little effect. It is still very predictable just after moderate acceleration to around 45-50mph. I'm curious if anyone has been able to get the dealer to fix this other than replacing the front motor.

@Ford Motor Company, I believe it is a problem with power management around traction control. I notice it more on wet roads than dry. When the roads are wet, lighter acceleration causes the issue than when dry which leads me to believe slight traction events may be the trigger.

Sponsored

Adventureboy

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lightning Lariat
A wheel will act like you describe if it has thrown a balance weight, or it has mud packed on the inside rim out of site. The effect will be weaker and stronger depending upon the torque and weight that is applied to the wheel involved. I have mostly only read your comments but I see others have suggested this issue. Good Luck with your dealer.
The issue is not wheel balance. It happens regardless of which wheels I have installed, including a brand new set of rims/tires. It is also very predictable following a moderate acceleration to 45-50mph or even lighter acceleration on wet roads. It smooths itself out after 20 seconds or so at speed. I also thought it might be a shifting band in the tire, but it is exactly the same vibration or pulse on my brand new set.

Ddefazio

First Name
David DeFazio
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
@Ddefazio curious as to what your build date is (sticker driver's door), your model & year, and mileage on your truck? I am guessing you have a 2022. Also, what was the battery sensor issue?
Sorry for the long delay.
I have a 2022 ER Lariat.
Not sure the build date. I picked it up in October 22.

I have put on new tires, alignment.
Still the same.

Ddefazio

First Name
David DeFazio
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
Sorry for the long delay.
I have a 2022 ER Lariat.
Not sure the build date. I picked it up in October 22.

I have put on new tires, alignment.
Still the same.
The battery sensor was a recall / bulletin item
Sponsored