First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning
Occupation
Sports Performance
Any word on whether or not Ford will make available a “pet mode” setting for climate control like Tesla has? I like the idea of not having to remember every 15 minutes to turn my climate back on when my dog is in the truck. Seems like an easy update.

Ford F-150 Lightning Pet Mode for Climate Control? IMG_7870
Sponsored

Grumpy2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 F150 Pro SR
Occupation
Retired Hvy Construction
I just leave the truck "running" with all the accessories off and lock the door. It will run that way as long as you need without attention, with little range impact.
If someone breaks in, the shifter will not come out of park without a "key" present.

I like the Tesla sign on the screen tho....

Last edited:

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow & 2024 Harley-Davidson Road Glide CVO-ST
Occupation
Retired
Leave the truck running, set the parking brake, turn off the exterior lights

Switch off the 30 minute automatic shutdown timer, which kicks in if the key-fob or PAAK devices are not present.

Use the paint app to write custom message on the center display regarding the healthy cabin condition.

ericpullen

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 F-150 Lightning & 22 Mach-E

Switch off the 30 minute automatic shutdown timer, which kicks in if the key-fob or PAAK devices are not present.

Use the paint app to write custom message on the center display regarding the healthy cabin condition.
This is the way!

Sponsored
OP
OP
MDCLightning

MDCLightning

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning
Occupation
Sports Performance

Maybe shouldn’t have bought a vehicle from an eccentric, narcissistic, egomaniac before you bought a Ford?🤷🏼
I’ll take TaxmanHog’s suggestion instead, but thanks.

OP
OP
MDCLightning

MDCLightning

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning
Occupation
Sports Performance

Perfect! THANK YOU! 🙏🏼

Lightning Rod

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Ford Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
CNC PROGRAMMER/MACHINIST

That's how I've been doing it.

Ford F-150 Lightning Pet Mode for Climate Control? 20240727_203144

OP
OP
MDCLightning

MDCLightning

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning
Occupation
Sports Performance
Believe me, I understand completely. I was on the list for a Y AND a Cybertruck. The Y was way late, so I bought a 2019 F150 Platinum ICE, which was amazing after I did some mods, and then my order for the cybertruck came in literally the day after I bought my Lightning. You could say I dodged 2 bullets, but I had already decided against the cybertruck when the Tri motor with 500+ range wasn’t released.
Love my Lightning

Sponsored

Shawnson

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning Lartiat ER, Model 3 LR, Crosstrek… hehe
Occupation
Developer

what we need is a shortcut to do all this at once 😂😂😂 instead of Siri Shortcuts…. Ford Shortcuts

FirstF150InCasco

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning
Here are the Dog Mode (sorry, I'm not a cat person) instructions that I've been using in my May 2022 LL:

• AC / Heat On: Be sure it’s set to “Auto” and to, say, 73 degrees.
  • Truck On: Leave the Truck Running.
  • Lights to Off: Turn the dial to the left until it’s “off”.
  • “Power Down” Timer Off: Turn Off the 30 second “Vehicle Power Down Timer”: Note, if you shut the truck off during this process, you MUST repeat this step. This step is required every time you start the truck.
    • “Settings”
    • “Vehicle”
    • Turn off the first setting, “Vehicle Power Down” – This must be manually toggled to “Off” EVERY time (because when the car is shut off, this immediately “resets” to “Timer On”.)
  • Close Mirrors: This is optional. Close your mirrors with the button on the door. You'll need to open them with the same butten when you return to the vehicle.
  • Manual Cardboard Sign: I put a “Dog Mode” sign over the display. And I’ve pasted these instructions to the back of the sign.
  • Open Door: Dash will say, “Truck is Running.” Ignore or press “OK”.
  • Exit: You can take the Remote OR you can leave the Remote.
  • Lock Truck: Lock the truck by simultaneously pressing the “9-0” and “7-8” buttons on the “Keyless Entry Keypad” (on the door jam.) Confirm truck is locked by confirming the traditional door lock “knobs” are down after closing all doors. If the truck double chirps, it is NOT locked.
  • Confirm Running: Confirm the truck is still running. (The dashboard should look like it does when you are driving.)

Last edited:

Lightning Rod

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Ford Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
CNC PROGRAMMER/MACHINIST

Also, I like to fold my side mirrors in.
Sponsored

Last edited: