• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Pet Mode for Climate Control?

Backwardsfish

First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning Flash (previously Mach E)
Leave the truck running, set the parking brake, turn off the exterior lights

Switch off the 30 minute automatic shutdown timer, which kicks in if the key-fob or PAAK devices are not present.

Use the paint app to write custom message on the center display regarding the healthy cabin condition.
Yes this! We do that too! Works great.
Sponsored

dingmah

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning
I disabled the 30 minute auto vehicle power down timer using FORScan. So with this, just leave the truck running but lock it and you have pet/kid mode. Just have to make a laminated sign and tape it onto the driver & passenger side window if you are scared that someone may smash your windows.

The setting you need to change is: IPC 720-01-01 x*xx xxxx xx
  • Subtract 8 from the value that is in the second position denoted with *
  • In the second position, there will be a letter A to F that represents a certain value. A=10, B=11, C=12, D=13, E=14, F=15.
  • IE: if your second value is A, then you would replace it with 2.
  • IE: if your second value is F, then you would replace it with 7.
Link to the thread where I originally got the instructions from: https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/1695008-disabling-idle-time-shutdown.html

Video of it defaulting to OFF from START:

dww

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150L, Tesla 3P, YP
I did not see this mentioned, but if you are charging while the truck is ON and the AC is on and the charging stops, either by you unplugging or the power going out or your truck reaching the charging limit, the AC will go to just fan, no cooling.

Madasahatter1138

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Transit
Occupation
Electronics Tech
No, I'm using it now (in Canada). DRLs do not stay on when in Park and lights turned off. Only light thats on is dash screen and my new Putco LED badge 😎..Gotta get a kill switch installed!

RyZac

First Name
Owen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 ER Lariat w/Max Tow
Maybe shouldn’t have bought a vehicle from an eccentric, narcissistic, egomaniac before you bought a Ford?🤷🏼
I’ll take TaxmanHog’s suggestion instead, but thanks.
And where would the EV market be without said "egomaniac "?
Came home the other night to my wife looking at cars, I was like "what's UP? She said she could no longer support Elon. I told her fine, she can have my spare vehicle, (2020 RAV4 hybrid). So I now have the Lightning and Model Y. Free Speech! Love It 😂

P.S. make sure you NEVER use a Tesla SC either lol

Last edited:

Sponsored

TheBigBezo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150 Lightning Lariat ER
I was interested in Dog Mode at first but honestly it's been super easy without. My dog and I have spent a loooooot of time together in the truck traveling. Of the weather is nice (70F or below) I just leave it locked with the windows cracked. She's even slept in the truck overnight.

If it's warm out, I leave the truck running and lock it. Maybe mine is louder than others or it's just how hot the places I live are, but when the AC is going no one would ever think my truck is off lol. Anytime I've left her with the truck on, I leave lights on (daytime) and AC running so anyone walking by knows the truck is powered up. I've done this 3 or 4 dozen times in the past year with no issues from either her or passerbys. Luckily she doesn't go for the window but that would be a smart feature to add for sure. She usually sleeps on her bed in the back.
Sponsored