LHoffmanjr22

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2024 Ford F150 Lightning Flash
I definitely got the shaft too. No good deed goes unpunished
The deal on my 2024 Lightning Flash closed on Sept. 27th. I called Ford and explained the timing and asked what they could do. And Ford basically told me exactly this, and not in the most polite of ways either. It was fairly rude and demeaning. I'm pretty sure there's plenty of money on the hood of Lightnings sitting on dealer lots on top of the charger and install deal. I realize that sometimes timing does really suck, and this is one of those situations for many of us, however I just thought Ford might be a little more understanding to people who missed this by literal days. Honestly, the Ford Pro Charger is not an easy sell at this point for Ford, between it not having good press at first and now with 2025's rumored to be changing to NACS plugs it becomes "outdated" tech. They are really just trying to clear out old stock. Is there really a good reason for Ford to hold their customers back just because they decided to buy a rather expensive truck from them a few days or weeks too early? I would guarantee that they wouldn't say no to a potential customer on something like this if it was going to close the sale. But, since they already have us, they can't give just a little?

I have already been angry about this and mostly moved on (clearly not completely since I am still writing this response and going back onto my soap box) but it really is disheartening and makes a potential customer think twice about their next purchase from Ford when the time comes. As an existing customer, they might not care as much as they want you to believe they do. There's only more options for E trucks coming on the market, so there will be a lot more cross shopping in the future, which means Ford might want to begin appreciating their current customers just a little bit more and listen to them closely.
Sponsored

JackieDemarais

First Name
Jackie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning 2022
Occupation
Retired
The deal on my 2024 Lightning Flash closed on Sept. 27th. I called Ford and explained the timing and asked what they could do. And Ford basically told me exactly this, and not in the most polite of ways either. It was fairly rude and demeaning. I'm pretty sure there's plenty of money on the hood of Lightnings sitting on dealer lots on top of the charger and install deal. I realize that sometimes timing does really suck, and this is one of those situations for many of us, however I just thought Ford might be a little more understanding to people who missed this by literal days. Honestly, the Ford Pro Charger is not an easy sell at this point for Ford, between it not having good press at first and now with 2025's rumored to be changing to NACS plugs it becomes "outdated" tech. They are really just trying to clear out old stock. Is there really a good reason for Ford to hold their customers back just because they decided to buy a rather expensive truck from them a few days or weeks too early? I would guarantee that they wouldn't say no to a potential customer on something like this if it was going to close the sale. But, since they already have us, they can't give just a little?

I have already been angry about this and mostly moved on (clearly not completely since I am still writing this response and going back onto my soap box) but it really is disheartening and makes a potential customer think twice about their next purchase from Ford when the time comes. As an existing customer, they might not care as much as they want you to believe they do. There's only more options for E trucks coming on the market, so there will be a lot more cross shopping in the future, which means Ford might want to begin appreciating their current customers just a little bit more and listen to them closely.
This is a very well stated response to Ford’s treatment of us. Hope they read it.

MTBAZ

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Lightning Lariat
Occupation
Engineer
LHOFFMANNJR22- not much I can say to help you know, but this may help others.

Don't cars like contracts have a 3 to 5 day back out period? A few things it may depend on:
1. Did you take delivery?
2. the state you live in.
If this is true in your case, you could have canceled the sale and purchased again when the new incentive was in place.

Did you do your home work? This will take some time on your part, but with the amount of money I think's it worth it.

1. Did you know the current backlog of Lightings Ford has? This will effect the next months/Quarters incentives.
2. Do you know when new incentive start? And if so, will it be better than the current incentives? This is the game you need to be willing to play. Anyone know if there is a 24hr overlap of incentives that allows you to pick on or the other.
3. Do you know the best time of year for vehicle pricing?

JackieDemarais

First Name
Jackie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning 2022
Occupation
Retired
LHOFFMANNJR22- not much I can say to help you know, but this may help others.

Don't cars like contracts have a 3 to 5 day back out period? A few things it may depend on:
1. Did you take delivery?
2. the state you live in.
If this is true in your case, you could have canceled the sale and purchased again when the new incentive was in place.

Did you do your home work? This will take some time on your part, but with the amount of money I think's it worth it.

1. Did you know the current backlog of Lightings Ford has? This will effect the next months/Quarters incentives.
2. Do you know when new incentive start? And if so, will it be better than the current incentives? This is the game you need to be willing to play. Anyone know if there is a 24hr overlap of incentives that allows you to pick on or the other.
3. Do you know the best time of year for vehicle pricing?
Caveat emptor

K6CCC

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2003 Dodge Ram 2500 4x4, 2017 Toyota Celica
Occupation
Two Way radio systems
Others here probably still havent purchased and are waiting for a 2025 refresh or killer 2024 deals.
That's likely me. I have to replace my 2003 Dodge Ram with almost 300K miles some time before the end of May 2025 because it wont pass a smog test (needs major engine work). It's running sort of OK, so I'm not in an urgent hurry (unless it gets worse). So I'm watching for end of the year deals.

For reference, a Lightning flash is my leading contender for the new truck.

Scorpio3d

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Ford F150 Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
SS/IBA car wash owner
Not trying to be an ass, but just saying…
If the incentives went away or were lower instead of changing/increasing Ford would not come and ask for more money! Sometimes prices go up and you think thank goodness I got this before the price went up and sometimes the opposite happens.
Sponsored