Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ptcoffee.com
Vehicles
2024 Lightning Pro ER Max Tow, 2021 Highlander V6, 2013 Suzuki Wee-Strom
Occupation
Coffee Roasting
I purchased my Lightning on Sun Sept 29 at 4pm Pacific Time. The program was announced on Mon morning Sept 30 in the morning, about 12 hours after I purchased, for a start date of Oct 1. Called my dealer and got the "there's nothing we can do" answer. Sometimes timing is good, sometimes it's bad. It happens.

mattskr

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 Platinum Iconic Silver
Yeah. And Ford can send refund checks to the guys that bought 2022's at full price, along with the charging credit too.

/sarcasm
Or how about those who bought a '23 after the price hike BUT before the EV price crash AND they put the 80k cap on the tax credit AND we had to deal with tons of TCU software issues...oh AND dealers were asking more than MSRP?

Yea, no one should be pissed but me!

StevenC56

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Explorer Platinum
Occupation
Retired
I purchased my Lightning on Sun Sept 29 at 4pm Pacific Time. The program was announced on Mon morning Sept 30 in the morning, about 12 hours after I purchased, for a start date of Oct 1. Called my dealer and got the "there's nothing we can do" answer. Sometimes timing is good, sometimes it's bad. It happens.
My paperwork was filled out no the 30th. Took delivery on October 1st. The 2 separate $1K rebates in September were gone on October first, and replaced by either the charger and installation or a $2K rebate. Same outcome unless you really wanted the Ford charger that bad instead of the $2K.

Sponsored

BlueLightning

First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Ford F150 ⚡XLT SR
Occupation
Retired
Pissed a little ( well maybe more)

Me too, these pop up ads are getting out of control!!!

Ford F-150 Lightning Pissed  a little ( well maybe more) IMG_9056

Ford F-150 Lightning Pissed  a little ( well maybe more) IMG_9055

Ford F-150 Lightning Pissed  a little ( well maybe more) IMG_9057

Ford F-150 Lightning Pissed  a little ( well maybe more) IMG_9058

Adventureboy

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lightning Lariat
@Sobmartin Every car company everywhere has incentives at the end of the model year. If you want the incentives, wait and buy then next time. You'll be limited in choices, but they do it just like clockwork with incentive amounts shifting based on supply/demand.

@mattskr - I feel for you on that one. Did you buy it off the lot or order it? I ordered in Feb 2022 and it came as a 2023 in December 2022. I refused to pay the price hike and made sure I told them I wanted the truck for the price I ordered it for. I was really careful not to tell them I didn't want the truck because that opens the door for them to sell it to someone else. It took the dealer 1 1/2 months to come around but managed to get mine for the original ordered price. That one hurt, especially since you probably ordered in 2022 like me and had the price on paper.

Sponsored

Danface

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning XLT
Sometimes you get the elevator, sometimes you get the shaft.

jetfixr1

First Name
Manny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lightning Lariat ER
Only you can pull the trigger when you feel comfortable. Some people were day 1 bag holders, and they take the risk. Others here probably still havent purchased and are waiting for a 2025 refresh or killer 2024 deals. I felt comfortable when Ford offered the $7500 off MSRP last November (felt like it was a steal, only lasted for like what, 3 weeks?).