First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 LIGHTNING PRO IcedBlueSilver 8/23/2022
Occupation
Owner
yep, and those in the world of headlines tend to overuse and misuse terms and sayings, like: "Critical", and "Sudden", and "Collapse", and "Decline", and not normally in the scenarios you might expect, just to turn eyes.

it's mostly Baloney... just like all the youtubers who 'scream' their faces on the front page of their video overlay as though they are suddenly 'taken aback' by some 'sudden' and 'critical' world news that will 'collapse' the economy : )

shutterbug

First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME GB FE—Dead. F150L Lariat SR. MME Rally.

davehu

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lighting Lariat ER, Iconic Silver
Occupation
retired
We read so much negative press that a positive article stands out. This article sure conflicts with what I've been reading on conservative media:

https://www.fastcompany.com/91122455/tesla-sales-ford-ev-industry
a generally good article for Ford. But it, like almost all others, exposed how shallow the reporting is. highligting the 75% increase in Lightning sales completely ignors the major reason: in 2023 there was a STOP sale on all Lightnings from Feb 7th to around the end of March. Zero sales for almost two months. Just saying.....

FirstF150InCasco

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning
We read so much negative press that a positive article stands out. This article sure conflicts with what I've been reading on conservative media:

https://www.fastcompany.com/91122455/tesla-sales-ford-ev-industry
Nice artile. Thank you for sharing. As for your comment about, "conservative media", I'm finding that most of the anti-EV / anti-Tesla press is coming from the left, not the right. Once Elon bought Twitter, the left stopped loving him.

Sponsored

invertedspear

Threads
Reaction score
Website
lightningcalcs.pages.dev
Vehicles
Antimatter Blue XLT (312A) ER, 2004 Jeep TJ
Nice artile. Thank you for sharing. As for your comment about, "conservative media", I'm finding that most of the anti-EV / anti-Tesla press is coming from the left, not the right. Once Elon bought Twitter, the left stopped loving him.
I think there's been a lot of Anti-Elon sentiment from the left for a lot longer than just his purchase and renaming of Twitter. Anti-Tesla sentiment has come from just about everywhere as their build quality has been on the decline as they've tried to maximize profit while reducing prices. I don't think the "left" are anti EV at all until you get to the fringes like the "fuckcars" communities.

Personal experience may vary of course. I still have my hard-core right-wing relatives trying to pick fights with me about my "F150 Lefting" truck. :rolleyes: Maybe they're just holdovers, but for the most part, everyone else just sees a truck and most think the frunk is cool.

FirstF150InCasco

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning
I think there's been a lot of Anti-Elon sentiment from the left for a lot longer than just his purchase and renaming of Twitter. Anti-Tesla sentiment has come from just about everywhere as their build quality has been on the decline as they've tried to maximize profit while reducing prices. I don't think the "left" are anti EV at all until you get to the fringes like the "fuckcars" communities.

Personal experience may vary of course. I still have my hard-core right-wing relatives trying to pick fights with me about my "F150 Lefting" truck. :rolleyes: Maybe they're just holdovers, but for the most part, everyone else just sees a truck and most think the frunk is cool.
Agreed. And I too LOVE the frunk. I keep it empty most of the time, leaving it open for groceries. We have a camp in Maine and when I drive up from Boston I stop at a large super market in Portland and buy a ton of food for the family. All that food fits easily in the frunk. (First time I did it, a guy came over when he saw the front lid up and asked, "do you need a jump start?" We both got a good laugh out of it when he saw there was no engine!!)
Sponsored