First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
Retired Pilot
Make sure your time frames for charging exceed the time frame for the departure time.

ex. your programmed charging schedule (im guessing) runs midnight to 6 am, likely the truck reaches your prefered SOC of 80% well with in this time frame and all is great BUT the EVSE does not activate energy because of the end time.

To remedy this move your TOU end time to 8am, even if it's in a higher rate time frame you will only use 2-6 KWH for the preparation process.
I have my charge time to anytime it is plugged in until 80%. So, I really don't have a charge time.
Sponsored

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow
Occupation
Retired
All that said, the Ford system is still glitchy, like I've said it's missed the mark a couple times this week on my truck even though properly programmed to do these task with perfect automation, ..... sometimes it doesn't and that's what aggravates the eff with me.

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
I have my charge time to anytime it is plugged in until 80%. So, I really don't have a charge time.
That great, then we've narrowed it down to SYSTEM GLITCH & CABIN CONDITIONING OFF, either could be your experience issue.

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
This is what my morning routine does, give it a try to confirm that it's working.

One thing I always check, is the comfort settings after the it starts on its own, the wheel and heat/cool seat functions don't change with what the departure timer is requesting, verify that it's doing what you want. IMHO this should automatically toggle based on the departure scheme I built but to date does not reflect correctly.

Ford F-150 Lightning Pre Departure Conditioning on App does not happen 1728521599786-y2

OP
OP
1Jetpilot

1Jetpilot

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired Pilot
This is what my morning routine does, give it a try to confirm that it's working.

One thing I always check, is the comfort settings after the it starts on its own, the wheel and heat/cool seat functions don't change with what the departure timer is requesting, verify that it's doing what you want. IMHO this should automatically toggle based on the departure scheme I built but to date does not reflect correctly.

1728521599786-y2.jpg
So I just programmed the charging times 12AM -9AM for weekends and week days; however, sometimes I like to charge during the day when I really need it, but the app does not give me that option unless I re program the charge time for 12 AM-12AM

Sponsored

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
So I just programmed the charging times 12AM -9AM for weekends and week days; however, sometimes I like to charge during the day when I really need it, but the app does not give me that option unless I re program the charge time for 12 AM-12AM
You should be able to create a second time span for an afternoon charging session, it's actually easier done in the truck, I haven't tried that in the app yet.

I'll tinker with a secondary charging scheme..... BRB

OP
OP
1Jetpilot

1Jetpilot

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired Pilot
You should be able to create a second time span for an afternoon charging session, it's actually easier done in the truck, I haven't tried that in the app yet.

I'll tinker with a secondary charging scheme..... BRB
I can't seem to "jimmy" it to charge during the day when ever I have it plugged in. It won't take a time. It does take 12AM-9AM every day of the week Mon-Sun, but what if I want to charge it during the day for some reason?

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Originally I had Anytime as my time frame to charge, so I edited them to midnight to 9am.

Ford F-150 Lightning Pre Departure Conditioning on App does not happen 1728522928845-od
Ford F-150 Lightning Pre Departure Conditioning on App does not happen 1728522947806-o0

Ford F-150 Lightning Pre Departure Conditioning on App does not happen 1728522967214-ko
Ford F-150 Lightning Pre Departure Conditioning on App does not happen 1728523004450-rt

Then I added two more schemes for 1pm to 6pm weekdays and 1pm to 7pm weekends.

Ford F-150 Lightning Pre Departure Conditioning on App does not happen 1728523078194-tx

This is all for the times frames only, if you need a higher SOC for special occasions, then you'll need to adjust it in the Target Charge section.

OP
OP
1Jetpilot

1Jetpilot

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired Pilot
Originally I had Anytime as my time frame to charge, so I edited them to midnight to 9am.

1728522928845-od.jpg
1728522947806-o0.jpg

1728522967214-ko.jpg
1728523004450-rt.jpg

Then I added two more schemes for 1pm to 6pm weekdays and 1pm to 7pm weekends.

1728523078194-tx.jpg

This is all for the times frames only, if you need a higher SOC for special occasions, then you'll need to adjust it in the Target Charge section.
How did you select "Anytime?" I can't find that option

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
It won't take a time.
There is another APP glitch:

While building new schemes, you may need to back out two menu levels to see the revisions post.

Make sure your none of the schemes overlap one another with regard to weekday or weekend, then you should be able to build scheme 3 & 4 (Four is the maximum)

Sponsored

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
How did you select "Anytime?" I can't find that option
When picking your time frames pick 1200am to 1200am that's interpreted to be "anytime"

use the DELETE button to erase constrained times and restore to ANYTIME

Last edited:

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
To be honest, since I don't have a TOU credit program, I don't bother with customized times during spring, summer & fall. BUT in winter I was timing my charging to the wee hours on the night daily to capitalize on the heat energy created when charging and conditioning the battery energy into a sequentially time event.
{Battery charging ---> Battery Warming for a trip ---> cabin warming}

I only do this for special occasion long road trips, Thanksgiving drive to family is when I'll do it next.
Otherwise my short travels daily do not warrant warming the battery, lot's of wasted energy.

OP
OP
1Jetpilot

1Jetpilot

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired Pilot
To be honest, since I don't have a TOU credit program, I don't bother with customized times during spring, summer & fall. BUT in winter I was timing my charging to the wee hours on the night daily to capitalize on the heat energy created when charging and conditioning the battery energy into a sequentially time event.
{Battery charging ---> Battery Warming for a trip ---> cabin warming}

I only do this for special occasion long road trips, Thanksgiving drive to family is when I'll do it next.
Otherwise my short travels daily do not warrant warming the battery, lot's of wasted energy.
I still can't do the 12AM-12AM to get Anytime

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
When I select 12 AM -12 AM this is what I get. I accomplished this before I changed it to 12AM-9AM but now it gives me this attachment.
Just discovered another fluke, but it's fixable, by using the DELETE button while editing the scheme. It will take extra time to SAVE to the cloud, and you will need to back up two menu levels to see the changes posted when you go back to the details screen.

In the truck SYNC screen we have a DELETE [time frames} button this is effectively the same and restores the ANYTIME condition

Ford F-150 Lightning Pre Departure Conditioning on App does not happen 1728524542566-u2
Sponsored