Sponsored

Pro Charger help - Getting this error code on the charger and I am not able to reset it.

djteotancolis

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Genesis G80
Occupation
Analyst
Getting this error code on the charger and I am not able to reset it. 100 amps wired with 3 awg copper and 6 awg copper. Thanks

Youtube
Sponsored

Fast911

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Silverado sold
Got a pic or two of your wiring and setting?

Last edited:
OP
OP

djteotancolis

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Genesis G80
Occupation
Analyst

Fast911

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Silverado sold
Both the #3 wires on the 100 amp breaker are black and wrapped with black tape. The 2 black #3 wires to the ford charger are also black. So which one is dictated to red? See instructions on attached photo. Is it possible the connection to the ford charger are switched?

Ford F-150 Lightning Pro Charger help - Getting this error code on the charger and I am not able to reset it. CEFAE8E0-33EF-46B1-A7F9-40099489FF46

bmwhitetx

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
Retired engineer
Both the #3 wires on the 100 amp breaker are black and wrapped with black tape. The 2 black #3 wires to the ford charger are also black. So which one is dictated to red? See instructions on attached photo. Is it possible the connection to the ford charger are switched?
As long as the two hot wires from the panel are connected to the FCSP terminal A and B then it is wired correctly. The hot wires can swap positions. The instructions are confusing since it references L1 and N. Those don't apply for this residential 120/240V single-phase panel.

@djteotancolis - is the 100A breaker tripping? I can't tell what your video is attempting to show.

Sponsored

Sc954rr

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150 Lightning, Volvo XC90
Can you verify at the charger where the 2 black wires go in under the terminal that they are only metal to the copper and not one maybe touching the rubber part of one wire. Maybe one for pushed in little to far?

OP
OP

djteotancolis

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Genesis G80
Occupation
Analyst
Thank you all for responding. @Fast911, your suggestion got me somewhere. As soon as I flipped the black wires it would give a white light but then go to the back to the red lights like the video above. I did the wires properly like @Sc954rr mentioned and reset the break 3 times and it finally started.

I still have no LED lights but with the charger plugged it, its charging the truck. I will take that for now since I dont have to visit a EA charger anymore.

If you need to email/call Siemens for the charger - [email protected] & 855-950-6339 (Ext 5678)

They are slow to respond and I am still waiting to hear back from them but at least I have my truck charging.

OP
OP

djteotancolis

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Genesis G80
Occupation
Analyst
As long as the two hot wires from the panel are connected to the FCSP terminal A and B then it is wired correctly. The hot wires can swap positions. The instructions are confusing since it references L1 and N. Those don't apply for this residential 120/240V single-phase panel.

@djteotancolis - is the 100A breaker tripping? I can't tell what your video is attempting to show.
It was not tripping. Initially I had it on 80 Amps breaker and thought that was the issue to which I switched to 100 Amps. btw even I thought the same for the hot wires but swapping them around made a difference for me.

Fast911

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Silverado sold
I still have no LED lights but with the charger plugged it, its charging the truck. I will take that for now since I dont have to visit a EA charger anymore.
check out the photo below and see if what lights you are receiving on the ford charger.

Ford F-150 Lightning Pro Charger help - Getting this error code on the charger and I am not able to reset it. B24309B0-C3A0-4BB9-8AF9-0E63C34889DE

bmwhitetx

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
Retired engineer
It was not tripping. Initially I had it on 80 Amps breaker and thought that was the issue to which I switched to 100 Amps. btw even I thought the same for the hot wires but swapping them around made a difference for me.
I think the fact that you disconnected and connected the wires is what caused that behavior. Maybe there is a bad wire connector or something. There is absolutely no polarity on AC voltage. However the voltage level of the two legs could be different. Do you have an AC voltmeter? If so you should measure the voltage between A and Ground and then between B and ground. Each should be around 120 Volts. Between A and B you should get about 240. I'm not bragging but I'm a EE who worked for 35 years at a power company but I realize that doesn't make me a forum expert :)

Maquis

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E E4-X; 2023 Lightning Lariat ER
I think the fact that you disconnected and connected the wires is what caused that behavior. Maybe there is a bad wire connector or something. There is absolutely no polarity on AC voltage. However the voltage level of the two legs could be different. Do you have an AC voltmeter? If so you should measure the voltage between A and Ground and then between B and ground. Each should be around 120 Volts. Between A and B you should get about 240. I'm not bragging but I'm a EE who worked for 35 years at a power company but I realize that doesn't make me a forum expert :)
Since there’s no neutral connection, voltage imbalance between the legs shouldn’t matter. The only thing the EVSE sees is leg to leg.

I agree, he likely fixed a bad connection when switching wires.
Sponsored