• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Proximity Sensor Going Off on OEM Running Boards

VAF84

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
Consultant
I've fairly frequently had the area around my running boards beeping warnings at me while I back into a spot. I think it's usually on the driver's side. I find that pretty odd as it's usually in a parking lot. Anyone else notice this?

In fact, now that I think of it, I have no clue why my sides would be illuminated and going off. I thought it was usually front, back, and corners.
Sponsored

glean

First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 Lightning Lariat
i have an issue with the proximity sensor going off on my passenger side. I am wondering if that's the running boards also, now.

grange

First Name
david
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 Ford Lightning
i had a similiar issue a few days ago. I had just washed my truck and was driving back home with temps in 20. i just figured it was an ice related issue. it has not returned ?

OP
OP

VAF84

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
Consultant
I figured out it has to do with the way the wheels turn. For me it's the drivers side, when I have the full turn to back into a parking spot (I always back in) the left side running board area goes wild. If I straighten or turn the wheel it goes away. Has nothing to do with anything in proximity, unless it's the concrete curb or the rise in the driveway. I'll do more testing now that I'm realizing this is not normal.

@Ford Motor Company - Any thoughts on this?

OP
OP

VAF84

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
Consultant
i have an issue with the proximity sensor going off on my passenger side. I am wondering if that's the running boards also, now.
i had a similiar issue a few days ago. I had just washed my truck and was driving back home with temps in 20. i just figured it was an ice related issue. it has not returned ?
Forgot to insert quotes on my response.
Sponsored