• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Puzzled by ProPower

climateguy

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Bolt, 2024 Flash, MaxTow
Occupation
Retired
I’m powering my travel trailer in a campground using the ProPower bed outlet of my 2024 Flash. I’m trying to set the bed outlets to stay on when the vehicle is off. So far, the best performance I can get out of the system is for the bed outlet to power the trailer for a few hours before it shuts itself off.

One message that intermittently appears when I turn the truck off after setting the ProPower bed outlet to stay on is: “To use this feature the vehicle must be on”. It’s the last thing the center display shows as I exit the truck.

Ford F-150 Lightning Puzzled by ProPower Must be on message sm

Whether this message appears or not, the bed outlets stay on when I turn the truck off and get out of it, most of the time. Rarely, the bed outlets are off when I get out of the truck. I haven’t gotten to the bottom of exactly what conditions result in the bed outlets being off once I’ve set them to stay on.

In all cases, once I’ve succeeded in getting the bed outlets to stay on when the vehicle is off they only stay on for a number of hours then they turn themselves off.

Most of my experiences with this are when we get back to the campground after driving around during the day and I plug the trailer into the truck for the night. We get power in the trailer for several hours, until after we go to sleep for the night. Without fail the trailer is not receiving power from the truck in the morning.

Thoughts, anyone? The truck has always been above 70% charged, and I’ve manually set the discharge limit well below that.
Sponsored

Firn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 Pro ER
I’m powering my travel trailer in a campground using the ProPower bed outlet of my 2024 Flash. I’m trying to set the bed outlets to stay on when the vehicle is off. So far, the best performance I can get out of the system is for the bed outlet to power the trailer for a few hours before it shuts itself off.

One message that intermittently appears when I turn the truck off after setting the ProPower bed outlet to stay on is: “To use this feature the vehicle must be on”. It’s the last thing the center display shows as I exit the truck.

Must be on message sm.jpg

Whether this message appears or not, the bed outlets stay on when I turn the truck off and get out of it, most of the time. Rarely, the bed outlets are off when I get out of the truck. I haven’t gotten to the bottom of exactly what conditions result in the bed outlets being off once I’ve set them to stay on.

In all cases, once I’ve succeeded in getting the bed outlets to stay on when the vehicle is off they only stay on for a number of hours then they turn themselves off.

Most of my experiences with this are when we get back to the campground after driving around during the day and I plug the trailer into the truck for the night. We get power in the trailer for several hours, until after we go to sleep for the night. Without fail the trailer is not receiving power from the truck in the morning.

Thoughts, anyone? The truck has always been above 70% charged, and I’ve manually set the discharge limit well below that.
Continious use of Pro Power requires the truck to be "running" so you need to leave the truck on.

Word of warning, there is an automatic timer that shuts the truck off after 30 minutes. You will need to disable that each time (simple button in the settings).

This all is dumb and talked about frequently, however it is what it is.

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow
Occupation
Retired
We get power in the trailer for several hours, until after we go to sleep for the night. Without fail the trailer is not receiving power from the truck in the morning.
Sounds like you have switched off the 30 minute shutdown timer, but after lights out and everyone in their bunks, very low power draw has been found to cause the PPOB to still shut down, at least that's what a few other members have reported. Anyway to increase the load?
Sponsored