First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 F150 diesel & 2023 F150 Lightning Lariat
Occupation
Retired
When I start my ford lightning, it says says range adjusted because trailer is connected, but i have no trailer connected and truck says no trailer connected in the trailer menu. I have tried a few things suggested here like " Towing / Trailer menu select the no trailer option". I assume this is on the screen behind the steering wheel, not the large infomat screen. If so I don't see the no trailer option on my screen. Thanks
Sponsored

RickLightning

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Lightning ER Lariat,'22 Mach-E Premium 4X
When I start my ford lightning, it says says range adjusted because trailer is connected, but i have no trailer connected and truck says no trailer connected in the trailer menu. I have tried a few things suggested here like " Towing / Trailer menu select the no trailer option". I assume this is on the screen behind the steering wheel, not the large infomat screen. If so I don't see the no trailer option on my screen. Thanks
On the big screen, there is a Trailering app. Go in there.

Were you trailering recently?

OP
OP

husky10101

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Yes for 10 miles, bought a 400 lb aluminum trailer. Won't be towing it with the Lightning, I have an F150 diesel. Looked and don't see a trailering app in the big screen. Will look again, must be there

OP
OP

husky10101

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Thanks was looking on the screen that has vehicle, software, etc. Not the app screen. Have a towing app and had to hit No Active Trailer. Seems dumb I have to do this. My 2018 King Ranch 3.0 diesel is smarter than the lightning, it knows when I unplug the trailer. All is good!

RickLightning

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Thanks was looking on the screen that has vehicle, software, etc. Not the app screen. Have a towing app and had to hit No Active Trailer. Seems dumb I have to do this. My 2018 King Ranch 3.0 diesel is smarter than the lightning, it knows when I unplug the trailer. All is good!
Make sure you unplug trailer while the truck is on. Then, double check it.

Sponsored

Runaway Tractor

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Yes
This is the problem. You need to unplug the trailer while the truck is still turned on in order for it to recognize the action of unplugging the trailer. If you unplug the trailer with the truck turned off, despite the truck, knowing that the trailer is not plugged in, it will never change the range estimate. This is a bug in the code. That Ford has not fixed yet. It's stupid.

Now that you're already in this situation, the solution is you have to go plug the trailer in and then unplug it again while the truck is turned on.

OP
OP

husky10101

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Hit No Active Trailer and it took care of the issue. If I ever have the trailer on the PU again I will take the advice and unplug with the truck on. Thanks

Heliian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 LR Lariat, code name "Boogaloo"
the solution is you have to go plug the trailer in and then unplug it again while the truck is turned on.
No, as posted above, you can select "no active trailer" in the the trailering menu.

asten

First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150 Lightning
I had the complete opposite experience. I left it on, and it caused this hiccup. In another thread a user suggested that I turn the truck off and then disconnect and that fixed my issue. This has now worked twice for me. 🤷‍♂️

RickLightning

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I had the complete opposite experience. I left it on, and it caused this hiccup. In another thread a user suggested that I turn the truck off and then disconnect and that fixed my issue. This has now worked twice for me. 🤷‍♂️
I read that if you pat your head and rub your stomach at the same time, it might also work...
Sponsored