• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Remote start using key fob?

Amps

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Bolt
Some of them can yes, but not Ford. Just turn your iPhone off and then try to use the Watch app, you'll see pretty quick what happens.
I took the 'GDN Challenge' and I'm not surprised that GDN is correct. It's like Snow White at midnight. As soon as the iPhone is turned off, FordPass on the watch turns into a pumpkin and you can't even make pie with it. 😱

Skeptical Apple Watch wearer with active cellular plan here.
Sponsored

• Haha
Reactions: GDN

Beans

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Acura RDX, Toyota 4 Runner
Is that true for the watches that have the standalone cell connection? Those can work independently of phones.
Yes, even with a cellular connected watch, you need to have your phone close by or it won't work. Major fail on the watch app.

Reactions: GDN

dingmah

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning
You can remote start the Lightning with the keyfob by installing the Start X remote start kit for the gas 2021+ F150s. Video link showing it in action.

potato

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lightning XLT ER
An aftermarket key fob with a remote start button in place of the frunk button (meant for other Ford models) will remote start from the key fob. At least the one I got from Aliexpress does. It would be nice if somebody made a Lightning specific fob with both remote start and frunk buttons.

davehu

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lighting Lariat ER, Iconic Silver
Occupation
retired
You guys all make me realize how much of a get-off-my-lawn-90-year-old I am at 41. I have no interest in 1-pedal driving (even though I use the equivalent feature on my motorcycle)......
life for us old timers. Hey, I just found out that my Smart phone can also be used to make telephone calls! imagine that!

BlueLightning

First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Ford F150 ⚡XLT SR
Occupation
Retired
It really wouldn't surprise me if a lot of manufacturers push even basic app access into a subscription model. I'd much rather they improve the app.
Yes Ford, improve the App and onboard infotainment system, it’s so far behind Tesla.
Sponsored