Fnlucci

First Name
Faris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 lightning
Hey everyone,

I recently purchased a salvaged 2023 F-150 Lariat from the USA and shipped it to the Middle East. Due to prolonged inactivity, the car didn't receive updates, causing issues with the modem and FordPass connectivity. Despite master resetting the car, the old owner's data persisted.

To resolve this, I attempted to update the car using FDRS with a VX DIAG J2354 tool. However, I encountered a few problems:

1. I faced an APIM update loop issue despite following instructions multiple times (where u turn off the engine and leave the door open )I Switching from a USB type-C to a 1TB SSD resolved this.
pasted them in the hard drive and plugged it into the car

Ford F-150 Lightning Repairing my F150 lightning WhatsApp Image 2024-05-28 at 5.15.57 PM

2- During updating the modules, HVAC module failed to update
I retried running the update routine again and again and It just refused to update, which caused the ECU to turn Purple ( Responded Negatively )
during that A/C did not work at all no matter what I tried to do
I fixed that issue by changing the VX DIAG cable to Bosch M cable, Update instantly went through and cleared the purple state ( reasoned negatively) and ac worked.

Ford F-150 Lightning Repairing my F150 lightning WhatsApp Image 2024-05-28 at 5.16.18 PM

3- FDRS Login page gave me HTTP ERROR 500
This got fixed by just creating a new motorcraft service account

I am now facing one issue
I have replaced the right side head light
and it is giving me error codes in the HCM
error 1 : B14DC
Error 2 : B155A

Ford F-150 Lightning Repairing my F150 lightning WhatsApp Image 2024-05-28 at 5.35.39 PM

this causing the right lamp to be turned on always, turn signal inside the lamp does not work, full beam does not work, light bar half lit ( left side is lit)

Ford F-150 Lightning Repairing my F150 lightning WhatsApp Image 2024-05-28 at 5.38.28 PM

I am thinking this issue might be caused due to :
1- The light I bought off ebay is damaged
2- The light I bought is for lightning PRO not Lariat ( thats why its not powering the other half of the light bar)
3- The light needs a certain programming routine to function
what do you guys think?

Also, the maps installed from factory are NA maps, any idea on how I can upload to the truck ME (MIDDLE EAST) Maps?
would appreciate any help on this
thanks !

Ford F-150 Lightning Repairing my F150 lightning WhatsApp Image 2024-05-28 at 5.16.18 PM
Sponsored

rugedraw

First Name
Javier
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F150 Platinum FX4 EcoBoost
Occupation
Auto Sales
First, the tool you are using is known to cause problems as it is not officially supported by Ford/FDRS.

And HCM install required you run a LIN procedure on it with FDRS first. Did you do that?

You have two modules showing purple is FDRS which means they are bricked. Is the radio and a/c controls working the way they should? I would try to PMI both of those module to see if them go from purple to green.

Without a Mongoose cable, I would expect you will continue to have problems.

OP
OP

Fnlucci

First Name
Faris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 lightning
First, the tool you are using is known to cause problems as it is not officially supported by Ford/FDRS.

And HCM install required you run a LIN procedure on it with FDRS first. Did you do that?

You have two modules showing purple is FDRS which means they are bricked. Is the radio and a/c controls working the way they should? I would try to PMI both of those module to see if them go from purple to green.

Without a Mongoose cable, I would expect you will continue to have problems.
I did not install a new HCM
I just replaced LDCMB ( right headlight )
The car is not able to recognize it but it is powering it on

I did a BCM LIN & did an HCM LIN
Did not work

As for the two modules
I updated HVAC and they all turned green
Yes everything else working fine, just the right headlamp I fitted to my car is not workinng properly, light bar half lit too

rugedraw

First Name
Javier
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Auto Sales
I did not install a new HCM
I just replaced LDCMB ( right headlight )
The car is not able to recognize it but it is powering it on

I did a BCM LIN & did an HCM LIN
Did not work

As for the two modules
I updated HVAC and they all turned green
Yes everything else working fine, just the right headlamp I fitted to my car is not workinng properly, light bar half lit too
Ah ok. I just reread your post and saw you were able to recover the purple modules. Stand by as I am asking someone who knows a lot more about this than I do for his opinion.

rugedraw

First Name
Javier
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Auto Sales
@Fnlucci Try running a PMI on the headlight you swapped in and when FDRS asks if it is the original module, select "no".

Sponsored
OP
OP

Fnlucci

First Name
Faris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 lightning
@Fnlucci Try running a PMI on the headlight you swapped in and when FDRS asks if it is the original module, select "no".
Hello,
I have done that
Still not fixed
My FDRS liscence is now expired
My lightbar and right headlight still not functioning 😓

rugedraw

First Name
Javier
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Auto Sales
Hello,
I have done that
Still not fixed
My FDRS liscence is now expired
My lightbar and right headlight still not functioning 😓
Did that truck have the light bar from factory or did you add it when you made the repairs?

OP
OP

Fnlucci

First Name
Faris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 lightning
Did that truck have the light bar from factory or did you add it when you made the repairs?
Factory Light bar
Just replaced the right headlamp

OP
OP

Fnlucci

First Name
Faris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 lightning
Then the issue must be either wiring or a bad module.
Probably yeah
Because the car was crashed from the right side
But I have no idea why the light functions properly( turns on) but that it doesnt flash on turn signal, no full beam, does not power the light bar

Sponsored

rugedraw

First Name
Javier
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Auto Sales
Probably yeah
Because the car was crashed from the right side
But I have no idea why the light functions properly( turns on) but that it doesnt flash on turn signal, no full beam, does not power the light bar
Unfortunately, once a vehicle is in an accident, it makes things very difficult to diagnose remotely. Either something is unplugged, a wire is damaged, or the module is faulty and won't accept the programming. So, it powers on, but it doesn't do what it's supposed to do.

bmwhitetx

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
Retired engineer
I am now facing one issue
I have replaced the right side head light
and it is giving me error codes in the HCM
error 1 : B14DC
Error 2 : B155A

this causing the right lamp to be turned on always, turn signal inside the lamp does not work, full beam does not work, light bar half lit ( left side is lit)

WhatsApp Image 2024-05-28 at 5.38.28 PM.jpeg

I am thinking this issue might be caused due to :
1- The light I bought off ebay is damaged
2- The light I bought is for lightning PRO not Lariat ( thats why its not powering the other half of the light bar)
3- The light needs a certain programming routine to function
what do you guys think?
I bought a like-new (but technically used) rear tail light off eBay that looked perfectly fine and was from a top seller. But it hyper-flashed due to something internally not right. Seller refunded money but my point is that not everything on eBay gets tested. So maybe you can return it.

Just confirming your wording and picture. Probably due to the terms right/left. What I see is:
- Driver turn signal and driver high beam not working (this is what you bought, correct?)
- Passenger side light bar not working

I believe there is a thread or two where folks with a Pro installed the light bar. Might give you a clue if that functionality is tied to the headlight, the HCM, both, or something else. Seems odd that the driver headlight powers the passenger-side half of the light bar.

EDIT: And oh, you might consider editing your very first post. That will allow you to change the thread title to more align with your issue. The title you chose is identical to another popular thread and you aren't even touching the ECU. Just a thought. ;)

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow
Occupation
Retired
I believe he means passenger (right side if sitting in the truck)
All light lamps illuminated when only the center should be on as it is on drivers side.

Ford F-150 Lightning Repairing my F150 lightning 1717119313427-sk

OP, propose a new title and edit, or mention and I can assist with the change.

Last edited:

rugedraw

First Name
Javier
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Auto Sales
I believe there is a thread or two where folks with a Pro installed the light bar. Might give you a clue if that functionality is tied to the headlight, the HCM, both, or something else. Seems odd that the driver headlight powers the passenger-side half of the light bar.
It is tied to the headlight, but since that truck brought the light bar from factory, when you PMI the module, the files that activates the light bar should have been put in there with FDRS. The problem is that FDRS cannot communicate with the module. Which is why both my resource and I believe it is a wiring issue or a bad module.

Ford F-150 Lightning Repairing my F150 lightning 1717174879072-gu

OP
OP

Fnlucci

First Name
Faris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 lightning
It is tied to the headlight, but since that truck brought the light bar from factory, when you PMI the module, the files that activates the light bar should have been put in there with FDRS. The problem is that FDRS cannot communicate with the module. Which is why both my resource and I believe it is a wiring issue or a bad module.

1717174879072-gu.png
Thank you so much for your response & help man
Will double check the wiring and I will contact the
Seller regarding the light
Sponsored