• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Screen stays dark after boot up

Tom Jensen

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150 Lightning 2023
Occupation
Attorney
Every now and then when I start my 2023 Lariat the instrument screen (behind the steering wheel) will boot up normally, but the 15” center console display shows no signs of life and remains blank for as long as 2-3 minutes before booting up. It’s not a crisis, the truck operates normally otherwise, but it means I have no cameras, nav, or radio or other controls for a while. Am I alone in this experience? Is there a remedy? Thank you in advance.
Sponsored

Ford Motor Company

Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150
Every now and then when I start my 2023 Lariat the instrument screen (behind the steering wheel) will boot up normally, but the 15” center console display shows no signs of life and remains blank for as long as 2-3 minutes before booting up. It’s not a crisis, the truck operates normally otherwise, but it means I have no cameras, nav, or radio or other controls for a while. Am I alone in this experience? Is there a remedy? Thank you in advance.
Good morning. Could you please send over a message with your VIN and estimated mileage? I would like to take a closer look at your screen concerns on my end.

mashiniblick

First Name
Zak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
Software Engineer
Not alone, I also experience this from time to time on my 22 lariat.

COrocket

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150
This sometimes happens to me (maybe once a month?), no remedy that I’m aware of. Hopefully if it’s a widespread issue Ford will issue a recall since not having the backup camera on startup is a safety issue

Sponsored

The Weatherman

First Name
Dean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 RR F150 Lightning Lariat ER, 2020 Explorer PL
Occupation
Retired
Nope you’re not alone, I have that happen every few trips.

2022 Lariat ER

captcory

First Name
cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 FORD Lightning PRO, honda pilot
same here in my PRO small screen.

Heliian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 LR Lariat, code name "Boogaloo"
Did you try the sync reboot with the steering wheel buttons?

EdRudy

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lariat Lightning ER Iced Blue Silver
Occupation
IT
You can add mine to the list also. Sometimes the screen is black and sometimes it freezes on startup with the Ford Logo. During the freeze there is no audio. The screen and audio usually resets after a few minutes without having to do anything.

I would say it happens once every week or two.

MTBAZ

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Lightning Lariat
Occupation
Engineer
Have had the main display glitch many times. As stated above the sync reboot clears it.

Hold the volume down and tune up buttons on the wheel at the same time for 5 to 10 seconds and the main display will reboot.

Sponsored

Solar_EE

First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning XLT Ioniq 6 AWD
Occupation
electrical engineer
Hi Pete! I can look into your Lightning's screen concern on my end. To get started, could you please send a private message over with the name/location of your local Ford dealer and your Lightning's VIN?
I often get the same black screen on my 2022 XLT Lightning. Sometimes it restarts after a few minutes- other times not until I power down and then start again.

My phone used to always work on Bluetooth with this truck it now has issues about 25% of the time where the phone answers but I can't hear anything through the truck speakers- have to turn off the audio and talk on my phone directly. This is the same phone I've had since I got my truck in September 2022. Pixel 5A phone works every time with my Ioniq 6.

Ford Motor Company

Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150
You can add mine to the list also. Sometimes the screen is black and sometimes it freezes on startup with the Ford Logo. During the freeze there is no audio. The screen and audio usually resets after a few minutes without having to do anything.

I would say it happens once every week or two.
Hello, I would be happy to take a look into your screen concerns further on my end. Could you please send us a message with your VIN and mileage?
Sponsored