• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Software Defect - "Full View not Available" message blocks rear camera view.

RickKeen

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150L SR Pro
Occupation
sw engineering manager,
Defect Report for @Ford Motor Company
When I select the rear camera, the message "Full View Not Available" blocks the central part of the view. The message persists and there does not appear to be any way to dismiss it. Seems like a software defect.
If its a defect, Please fix.
If its an intentional feature, please reconsider that its a bad design.
Sponsored

GoodSam

First Name
Good
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
17CRV, 22 Lightning XLT 312A SR iced blue silver
Occupation
occupying space
Last edited:

bewbie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER Rapid Red
Mind posting a picture?

918Nate

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda Fit
Refreshing this in case it has fallen off @FMC radar. It would be lovely if we could get rid of that banner. Please and thank you!
Ford F-150 Lightning Software Defect - "Full View not Available" message blocks rear camera view. 0748323E-8D5D-4928-85AE-E92F024433AD

Sponsored

Maxx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 Pro, Sky RL, Frontier, Aurora V8, Buicks, ....
Some questions meant to be unanswered:

Are we living inside a simulation?

What Ford software engineers were thinking?

Amps

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Bolt
FULL VIEW NOT AVAILABLE
(because the "Full view not available" banner is blocking the full view of the camera that is being displayed)

The level of stupidity makes it even more annoying.

KickingGas

First Name
Toby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning Pro w/ Tow Tech Package
This drives me nuts too - what would "Full View" even be? And if it isn't full view, fine, but make the banner go away after a few seconds.

Maxx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 Pro, Sky RL, Frontier, Aurora V8, Buicks, ....
FULL VIEW NOT AVAILABLE
(because the "Full view not available" banner is blocking the full view of the camera that is being displayed)

The level of stupidity makes it even more annoying.
Trying to get into Ford's engineers head is a dangerous proposition but as futile as it may be, let's try for the fun of it:

I think software guys had the view functioning perfectly fine, then some project manager came back from a meeting with his boss and said there is safety concern with drivers using this as a mirror. The location of the display will likely make driver's peripheral vision less useful than using the actual mirror. That is why volt is using the mirror for digital rear view. Also refocusing your eyes while driving robs you out of reaction time.

Dev: I put a lot of time on this. Besides. when bed is full, having an alternative to the mirror that does not work makes it safer. Do you want me to remove it all together during forward motion? Or just make it less attractive to use than the mirror.

PM: I guess it is better to give them something rather than nothing.

Dev: doing it the right way will take 40 hours.

PM: We are behind on all of our other deadlines, do this as quickly as you can and get back to fixing the update process.

Dev: OK, I slap a message box, right at the sweet spot. Are we getting more help?

PM: Bosses say we are a car company and BEVs need to become profitable before software team can make demands. It is a chicken and egg kinda thing.

Gimme_my_MME

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Grabber Blue First Edition Mustang Mach-E
Occupation
Engineer
I think software guys had the view functioning perfectly fine, then some project manager came back from a meeting with his boss and said there is safety concern with drivers using this as a mirror. The location of the display will likely make driver's peripheral vision less useful than using the actual mirror. That is why volt is using the mirror for digital rear view. Also refocusing your eyes while driving robs you out of reaction time.
You started off spot on but it was the lawyers who intervened
Sponsored