• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Software updates?

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow
Occupation
Retired
@lakeguy55 , any correlation to recent OTA's and your travels near cell hot zones?
Trips to Concord etc>>?
Sponsored

lakeguy55

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning Lariat, 2011 F-150, 98 Expedition
@lakeguy55 , any correlation to recent OTA's and your travels near cell hot zones?
Trips to Concord etc>>?
As far as I know, I haven't had a successful OTA update. The only reason I'm now at 6.2 is because of the updates the dealer did on Wednesday. While I do travel to areas with strong cell signals regularly, I' doubt I'm ever there long enough to coincide with a ping from the servers.

thequackenbush

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning Lariat 2023 Extended Range
Occupation
Marketing
Hey all- QQ; when you go to the dealership, is it possible to request they bring you up to date on all software updates? I'm at 6.5 in OTA's, but I think I was somehow skipped in the SOC update. Getting my tires rotated next week

Pioneer74

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER - 2022 Mach-E Premium
Occupation
Electrician
Hey all- QQ; when you go to the dealership, is it possible to request they bring you up to date on all software updates? I'm at 6.5 in OTA's, but I think I was somehow skipped in the SOC update. Getting my tires rotated next week
You can request it. But they will make you pay for the time it takes to do it.

rugedraw

First Name
Javier
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F150 Platinum FX4 EcoBoost
Occupation
Auto Sales
Ford does not pay dealers to update modules just because they aren't up to date. There would need to be a recall or TSB to address a problem that an update will fix for them to do it. You can ask, but I would keep low expectations that they actually do them.

Sponsored

Ford Motor Company

Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150
Bought a 23xlt er a month ago and trying to figure out what the truck is doing with data. I got 6.2.0 on 9/5 and 6.4.0 on 9/9. I looked up the trucks wifi history on my router and noticed 6 separate data pushes in the last 24hrs. If I check for updates it still says 6.4.0 was just installed. Could those 6 events be other updates without saying anything on the screen?
1000010482.jpg
Hi there! Would you send us a private message with your VIN and dealership name and location? I’d like to look into this concern on my end.  

Whitewater64

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MY 23 F150 Lightning Lariat ER Max Tow Star White
Occupation
Singer/Conductor
I don't think OTA updates are completely behind the scenes. Some require the truck to be off to install (you will be notified when you get one and it's ready), while others can download and install themselves on the fly. But in any case you'll get a notification on the screen that an update was installed, and it will show up in the FordPass app on your phone.
I'm not getting (most) update notices any more on the FordPass app. And the history of downloads/installs is completely gone. It's pretty annoying. Am I the only one? Have I turned something off? I've looked for things that might be toggles in app settings to no avail.
Sponsored