First Name
Good
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
17CRV, 22 Lightning XLT 312A SR iced blue silver
Occupation
occupying space
Think coolant pump, computers, screens, lights, etc. If I manually shut the lights off, it seems to pull about 0.4-0.5 kW from the HV battery with nothing plugged into the outlets.
Is the HVAC turned off? Also, center screen can be turned off, but instrument panel does stay on, but that should be minimal. Is the weather cold or hot enough to have the HV battery coolant pump for the cooling/heating system running? I guess it would be nice to be plugged in to not worry so much about power use. I was weekend camping in 100F heat with a Bodega T50 refrigerator running inside the cab with the A/C running at 80F setting, but I did not think about that, perhaps, the HV battery may have been trying to stay at a cooler temperature as well. Battery capacity level dropped, but I thought all the power use was by the air conditioning.
Sponsored

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow
Occupation
Retired
Is the HVAC turned off? Also, center screen can be turned off, but instrument panel does stay on, but that should be minimal. Is the weather cold or hot enough to have the HV battery coolant pump for the cooling/heating system running? I guess it would be nice to be plugged in to not worry so much about power use. I was weekend camping in 100F heat with a Bodega T50 refrigerator running inside the cab with the A/C running at 80F setting, but I did not think about that, perhaps, the HV battery may have been trying to stay at a cooler temperature as well. Battery capacity level dropped, but I thought all the power use was by the air conditioning.
The power inverters are in the coolant loop as well, the high power transistors get hot with increased load, to the extent that the coolant might cycle on occasionally, if it gets above a certain temp then the chiller circuit will kick on. This is unrelated the the cabin HVAC.

OP
OP

TomB985

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning XLT ER
I may run the truck overnight to collect data at some point. That 0.4 kW was with everything off, but only for a few minutes while I was sitting in the garage after driving. I’m not sure if that would be any different after sitting for awhile.

davehu

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lighting Lariat ER, Iconic Silver
Occupation
retired
I'm just jealous that your XLT shows battery percentage on the main screen display 😂😂😂. My XLT ER bought in October is still on the old display with no updates received yet 😁.
my Lariat was built in January 2023 and still doesn't have it.

BSull

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Corvette, F150 Lighnting, Mercedes GLC300
Occupation
retired
my Lariat was built in January 2023 and still doesn't have it.
My Lariat built in Feb 2023, I got that display just before Christmas but nothing since. I'm on 6.8. No rhyme or reason for the order of implementation/download.
Sponsored