John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150L Platinum
Occupation
Yes
Is it a CarPlay thing, or do I not know where the setting is:
Ring/message volume when the phone is connected to CarPlay is way too loud.
Also, I discovered from the other day, when merely connected to the truck as a phone (no CarPlay), that this is a problem.
It seems to be the same volume as the radio.
I can't find an alternate volume setting for the ring tone when connected to the truck.

Anyone know?
Sponsored

Henry Ford

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lightning Platinum
I believe you can adjust the volume of the thing that needs adjusting by turning the volume knob while the thing is active.

For instance, if Google Maps is giving aural directions adjust the volume while it's speaking. Should work the same way for notification and ring tones.

OP
OP
brewski

brewski

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150L Platinum
Occupation
Yes
I believe you can adjust the volume of the thing that needs adjusting by turning the volume knob while the thing is active.

For instance, if Google Maps is giving aural directions adjust the volume while it's speaking. Should work the same way for notification and ring tones.
That may be true.
But I usually scramble to turn the volume down when it rings, and that lower volume doesn't stick.

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow & 2024 Harley-Davidson Road Glide CVO-ST
Occupation
Retired
Check the audio / ring volume settings from the bluetooth mode on the sync screen.

I know this works with android phones, not so sure if it's similar with ios/carplay type phones.

UPDATED:

My recollection is off, no volume level adjustments on screen.
I can select various style of tones for ringing and text notifications or select No tone / No Ring.
I'd assume I will still see visual cues of incoming calls & text's to accept or reject.

Last edited:
OP
OP
brewski

brewski

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150L Platinum
Occupation
Yes
Check the audio / ring volume settings from the bluetooth mode on the sync screen.

I know this works with android phones, not so sure if it's similar with ios/carplay type phones.

UPDATED:

My recollection is off, no volume level adjustments on screen.
I can select various style of tones for ringing and text notifications or select No tone / No Ring.
I'd assume I will still see visual cues of incoming calls & text's to accept or reject.
I did fiddle through that section.
I may try no ring and see what happens, though, I did change to a "softer" ring tone in those settings and once I got CarPlay going again, it defaulted to my standard ring tone.

OP
OP
brewski

brewski

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150L Platinum
Occupation
Yes