• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

FloridaMan655321

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1973 F100, 2021 Gladiator
Ok - back with an update. We had power restored at 2:30 pm today - so, about 31 hours without power.

The truck started providing power at 98% SoC - when I took the last extension cord off, it had 85%. 31 hours for 13%? I will take that any day.

To recap, I powered my 28 cu. ft. fridge, my Starlink internet, TV, router and Dish box/Apple TV, two mornings of coffee, 4 microwaved hot dogs, a morning of pancakes from the electric griddle, and two 15-minute runs of the air fryer. Plus assorted lamps, charging cables and fans.

A home run in my opinion.
Sorry to bring up such an old post, but this was very close to what I was going to post, so if I get an answer here...

Did you have any concerns about the cable being plugged in and it raining? Is there something that Ford does to make sure to protect itself in case rain comes in sideways into the outlet?

Thanks for any info on this.
Sponsored

RichB-HTX

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 Lightning XLT
I’m in Houston, when Beryl hit, our power went out at 9am on the 8th and I opened the Frunk and plugged in an extension cord that I had pre run through a window. We repay fans, floor lamps, fridges chargers, and a coffe machine. No problems and no shorting from driven rain. The power was out 27 hours and my standard range XLT went from 100% to 85%. Great performance in my mind.