• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Sudden drop on GOM

Ilovetrucks

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Transit
23 SR XLT
I had it charged to 100% this morning, and it showed 380km range like normal, and after a 20 minute drive it was still showing about 365, again, all normal. I hooked up a small trailer and the range on the GOM dropped to 178km, just like normal. When I unhooked the trailer, the range went right back up where I expected, around 350km, but then after a minute it said range adjusting for external temperature and dropped to 180km. It's been like this now all day - range shows extremely low, even though weather is the same it's been all week. Driving around the battery percentage is dropping just like normal, so it's not like the vehicle is using more energy. Anyone have suggestions? I've tried plugging in a charger and taking it off after a bit, tried hooking up a trailer, adjusting drive modes, etc and it hasn't changed. My son is supposed to take it on a longer drive tomorrow, and although I know how to manually figure out my range using battery percentage, it might mess him up. Any ideas how to fix this, or how to reset the system so the range meter (GOM) starts from scratch?
Sponsored

OP
OP

Ilovetrucks

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Transit
Yes I checked, it does not show a trailer connected. When a trailer is connected the GOM drops by 2 or 3 kms - normally it drops by 50% or so.

Maquis

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E E4-X; 2023 Lightning Lariat ER
Yes I checked, it does not show a trailer connected. When a trailer is connected the GOM drops by 2 or 3 kms - normally it drops by 50% or so.
Try selecting “No trailer.”

OP
OP

Ilovetrucks

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Transit
Yes, have done that. It's completely not related to trailer connection. When it first dropped a trailer was not connected and it said adjusting due to temperature, but the temp has been the same for the past month.

Sponsored

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow
Occupation
Retired
Yes, have done that. It's completely not related to trailer connection. When it first dropped a trailer was not connected and it said adjusting due to temperature, but the temp has been the same for the past month.
Could be you have a bad sensor in the battery pack or motor(s) that's causing this protective condition, you're not seeing a persistent warning lamp MIL / wrench on the dash??

I'd expect to see reduced power available ie 56% that many folks have seen when a bad cell pop's in the battery pack.

OP
OP

Ilovetrucks

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Transit
No, there is no warning lights or wrench symbols, everything looks normal, just showing low range. We can go by battery percentage, just would be nice to have that range working.

flux capacitor

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 Lightning
Sponsored