• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

System off to save battery

PreservedSwine

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning
I just received this message on my screen. 2023 pro standard range. Coincidentally, the startup chimes were coming out of a tiny speaker, and not through the audio system as usual.
I’ve never seen it before. I stopped at a client’s house, was there about 10 minutes, and when I went to leave and started the truck I was presented with that greeting.

I’m not sure what it means. I suspect it’s the low-voltage battery, but I’m not sure. Is action needed?
I haven’t seen this message in the 16,500 mile lifetime of the truck.
Two recent updates, 6.5, and 6.8 have been installed. The truck was charging during both of the updates, and charges to 80% every night.
Sponsored

Last edited:

GoodSam

First Name
Good
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
17CRV, 22 Lightning XLT 312A SR iced blue silver
Occupation
occupying space
Hmm, after I recently got the 6.14 update on my 22 XLT, and the day after I left the OBD2 reader installed overnight, FordPass said the "Vehicle in Battery Saver Mode (Please drive your vehicle to refresh status and remote features)". Not sure if related to the OBD2 reader or a recent update.

Ford Motor Company

Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150
I just received this message on my screen. 2023 pro standard range. Coincidentally, the startup chimes were coming out of a tiny speaker, and not through the audio system as usual.
I’ve never seen it before. I stopped at a client’s house, was there about 10 minutes, and when I went to leave and started the truck I was presented with that greeting.

I’m not sure what it means. I suspect it’s the low-voltage battery, but I’m not sure. Is action needed?
Two recent updates, 6.5, and 6.8 have been installed. The truck was charging during both of the updates, and charges to 80% every night.
Hello! I can assist you with your concern on this error message. Would you please DM me with more details on your issue, as well as your VIN? I would like to investigate things on my end. Thanks!

invertedspear

Threads
Reaction score
Website
lightningcalcs.pages.dev
Vehicles
Antimatter Blue XLT (312A) ER, 2004 Jeep TJ

That's odd for it it occur with such a short stop. I've only had it occur when the truck has been parked for several days. It makes sense for the chimes to come from the backup speaker, it needed to play the chime before the audio system was engaged. I would blame cosmic rays or some other BS and assume this is a one-off issue. If it occurs regularly have in for service.