• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Test drove a Flash Trim

OP
OP
FloridaMan655321

FloridaMan655321

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1973 F100, 2024 Flash
Can someone explain why you think PAAK is a requirement for you. That is a feature I explicitly do NOT want.
Maybe for Tesla coolness? I didn’t want it either. I’m not even sure I like the truck locking when I walk away with the physical key. Still deciding if I’m going to leave it enabled or not
Sponsored

Pioneer74

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER - 2022 Mach-E Premium
Occupation
Electrician
Can someone explain why you think PAAK is a requirement for you. That is a feature I explicitly do NOT want.
I didn't care about PAAK for a long time. A lot of people were having problems with it so I never set it up. Then Ford made some updates and it became pretty stable, so I set it up for both our Lightning and Mach-E.

I'll never go back. If I had to equate it to something else, it's like the first car that I bought with passive entry and push button start. I never understood why people were raving about it into I had one of my own.

It's nice not having to worry about a FOB, or specifically in mine and my wife's case, do we have the FOB we need for the vehicle we want to drive today. We always have our phone on us, so why not use it for the key.

We have a FOB in each vehicle, locked up in a Faraday bag. We've never had to use it. The backup code works when our phones don't connect right away, and it rarely happens.

We just got back from a trip where we had a rental car. Haven't driven a vehicle with a keyfob in years and I was always forgetting it, and hated having it in my pocket after not being used to one. It's also nice not having to worry about losing the FOB during our trip to the car parked at the airport.

Oafy44

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 ford lightning
Occupation
Landscape contractor
My advice is buy a used 22 or 23. The used Lightning’s are WAY undervalued IMO. The used lightning market will eventually even out and get better but as of right now I think you could get a steal of a deal. My 23 has been great and remember EVs have something like 40% less parts? So it’s in general a quieter / nicer ride. I’m really disappointed ford has t upped/changed the trim levels and instead kind of gone backwards. I really have enjoyed it and feel it’s an amazingly well built truck. Not trying to sell you on anything but I sold a raptor after this truck so that’s how I feel about my lightning.

Sponsored

jamelski

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2024 Lariat
You must not have it or use it like sex imo. Once you go PAAK you never go back.
you won’t ever want a fob or key EVER. One less thing to carry around and lose.

Ricks Lightning

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lightning Pro, 2024 F150 Lightning Flash
Occupation
Plumbing Contractor
Maybe for Tesla coolness? I didn’t want it either. I’m not even sure I like the truck locking when I walk away with the physical key. Still deciding if I’m going to leave it enabled or not
I have a 23 pro and a 24 Flash.
The auto locking is the bomb. I never have to worry if i locked the truck. Plus I can always unlock it with the ford app. Although it would be nice if the app showed the current state of the vehicle and not just the tire pressure. Locked would be nice.

Rick
Sponsored