• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

TheBertShow

First Name
Bert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 KR PB
Genuinely curious-how would these fare any different than the non-EV version in the same exact size? I'm sure Toyo will claim there is some advantage but I'd be interested to see a test case between the two with similar sizes and LT ratings. I mean why not put them on a powerboost?
Sponsored

Sponsored

Pitbull2o08

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2011 F150 FX4 Ecoboost
Anyone have the P-metric size yet?

Zprime29

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda Pilot, 2022 Lightning ER
Yes! I still need to take better photos. 285/55/22 and look awesome with no rub. They were expensive as hell, but great tires.
I've been searching for a good deal on these but there are none to be had from what I can tell. I'm at 31k on my original tires and they're nearing their end. Will probably splurge on these in Oct.

JPro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 F150 Lightning Lariat SR
Occupation
Rebar Detailer/Estimator
Yes! I still need to take better photos. 285/55/22 and look awesome with no rub. They were expensive as hell, but great tires.

Are they making the EV rated ones in 22" now? Or are these the non-EV ones?

Screenshot 2024-09-07 at 8.31.03 AM.png

Last edited:

Sponsored

MaineLine

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lariat SR Batt
All I'm seeing is the "E" rated version of this Toyo tire. I'm debating between these and the Wildpeak AT3s staying with the factory size of 275/60/20. From what I can tell, the Wildpeaks are 115T rated (same as my OEM Hankook Dynapro AT2) and they weigh 51lbs. The Toyo EVs are "E" rated and weigh 53lbs. The Wildpeaks are $303 per tire and the Toyo EVs are $366 per tire. What would you get? Is the ride quality going to suck on an "E" rated 10 ply tire vs. the Wildpeak 115T rated tire? Will range and power consumption really be all the better with the Toyo because it's "EV rated? I'm not concerned with the additional cost and I do like the look of the Toyo slightly more. Really struggling on this one, if anyone can help would be much appreciated.

XLT Jeffy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ford Lightning XLT SR

Screenshot 2024-09-07 at 8.31.03 AM.png
Looks awesome! Thanks for sharing. Do you have a leveling kit? Height looks good.

Zprime29

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda Pilot, 2022 Lightning ER
All I'm seeing is the "E" rated version of this Toyo tire. I'm debating between these and the Wildpeak AT3s staying with the factory size of 275/60/20. From what I can tell, the Wildpeaks are 115T rated (same as my OEM Hankook Dynapro AT2) and they weigh 51lbs. The Toyo EVs are "E" rated and weigh 53lbs. The Wildpeaks are $303 per tire and the Toyo EVs are $366 per tire. What would you get? Is the ride quality going to suck on an "E" rated 10 ply tire vs. the Wildpeak 115T rated tire? Will range and power consumption really be all the better with the Toyo because it's "EV rated? I'm not concerned with the additional cost and I do like the look of the Toyo slightly more. Really struggling on this one, if anyone can help would be much appreciated.
Where did you find the Toyo ones for $366? Everywhere I look they are $404. Make sure you are looking at the EV ones, I believe the standard ICE tires are the ones at the less expensive price. They should still work, but will probably have additional loss of efficiency and maybe weardown quicker.

Chriseberle

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning SR Tesla Model X
I have about 7k miles on the Toyo EV rated tires. Range is awesome on these tires, actually the same as what I had before which were the crap General Grabber stock tires. I run 45 psi which helps but they ride very well for an AT tire. They look great and they are snowflake rated for winter driving as well. I could not be happier with my purchase and to be honest these are the perfect AT tire for the Lightning. My buddy has KO2s on his Lightning and these tires are better for me. That said I have not tested them against the KO2s in off road use so they may have the advantage, but with efficiency and road noise and handling the Toyo's are better.
Sponsored