• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Trailer brake control

62F1004x4

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1962 F100 2023 F150 Lightning SR
Occupation
Maintenance

PrimeRisk

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2024 F-150 L Lariat, 2023 Tesla MY, 2021 Tesla MYP
Occupation
Technonerd
A lawyer, $2500 in fees, a judge, and wait two years, you might be able to force Ford to pay to have it installed, but they would just send you back to the same dealers.
I'm not trying to get Ford to pay for the install, but paying something reasonable for a <1 hour service.

OP
OP

Sobmartin

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 F150 2021 Mach-e er
Occupation
Retired
Ok, so I give up with my local dealers for getting an OEM controller installed. The dealership where I purchased it demands that my '24 Lariat has it, but clearly it does not and after 3 separate engagements, will not respond to give me a quote. The next closest dealer, where I first drove a Lightning but did not drive, says they do not service EVs. (WTAF, they literally will not service the vehicles they sell?) The 3rd dealer wants $700 to install it. $250 for the part and $450 in labor.

Ok, so I'm capable of physically installing it, but then I'd need to enable it in the software. Well, according to the Forscan.org website, they do not support any Model Year 24s.

Grrrr... Are there any other options or do I need to feed the beast $700 for something that should have been there in the first place?
I paid $600 for the install. Took 1.5 hours for hardware install and programming

PrimeRisk

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Technonerd
Ok, this just keeps getting worse and worse. I spend 90 minutes on the line with Ford Customer Service and they are saying that since I didn't get the Max Tow Package, the brake controller literally cannot be added to my F-150 Lariat as the vehicle has already been built, there is no compatible part for the 2024, and if I attempt to install the part ML3Z19H332AB they will not support enabling it in the software and I jeopardize my warranty.

FML, I have a truck I cannot use for one of its key purposes.

PrimeRisk

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Technonerd
I paid $600 for the install. Took 1.5 hours for hardware install and programming
What vehicle did you install it in? Was it a 2024 Lightning?

Sponsored
OP
OP

Sobmartin

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 F150 2021 Mach-e er
Occupation
Retired
Ok, this just keeps getting worse and worse. I spend 90 minutes on the line with Ford Customer Service and they are saying that since I didn't get the Max Tow Package, the brake controller literally cannot be added to my F-150 Lariat as the vehicle has already been built, there is no compatible part for the 2024, and if I attempt to install the part ML3Z19H332AB they will not support enabling it in the software and I jeopardize my warranty.

FML, I have a truck I cannot use for one of its key purposes.
My dealer’s EV tech said,it wasn’t a problem either with the hardware or the software

PrimeRisk

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Technonerd
My dealer’s EV tech said,it wasn’t a problem either with the hardware or the software
Would you be willing to provide who your dealer is? Neither Ford Customer Support or Ford Parts believe there is a compatible part and maybe that tech can educate the company that actually designed and manufactured the vehicle.

OP
OP

Sobmartin

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 F150 2021 Mach-e er
Occupation
Retired
Would you be willing to provide who your dealer is? Neither Ford Customer Support or Ford Parts believe there is a compatible part and maybe that tech can educate the company that actually designed and manufactured the vehicle.
Pat Armstrong Ford East Wenatchee WA
Sponsored