• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Truck remembered sport mode but now forgets it again

Surfnturf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning
As the subject reads, after an update several weeks or so ago, the drive modes would actually stick. Meaning you didn't have to go fumbling through the touchscreen every single time you started your truck just to get you back the way you left it. But today the truck once again can't seem to remember what mode you left it in. Pretty annoying.
Sponsored

Karlos

First Name
Karl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ice Blue & 2023 Silver ER Lariat Lightnings
Occupation
Retired CPA, active pilot
Mine worked for a couple of weeks as well until the 23-PU1103-NAT-VCE update. Progress in reverse.

I'm going to put together a Pre-Drive CheckList for all the items I have to acomplish before putting the truck in gear - A/C off/Heat off, recirculate on when it's cold & I don't want to use heater etc etc etc.

First Name
Elia
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning Platinum
Occupation
Electrical Contractor
This sucks. Wish they would let you put some customizable buttons like sport mode or massage seats annoying

Ekiehn

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150 Lightning
Ford made the change to remember the setting but it was in violation of several laws. It became a recall which they had to fix

Recall 23C38 - Update Sync Software
True, leave it to government... however a software rewrite to exclude off-road mode could be done. ESC shouldn't be affected in Sport mode or Tow mode... so hopefully the Ford programmers will reintroduce the fix excluding off-road....

Sponsored

ScubaSteve_TheReal

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning Platinum - Carbonized Gray Metallic
Occupation
Derivatives
They broke it!!
—-
This is such B.S. if I want sport mode to stick it should stick you would think. I get tow mode or off-road mode sure, let those reset sure…. Come on man, what is wrong with me setting it at eco/normal or sport mode and letting it stick until further notice. Geez 🙄

OP
OP

Surfnturf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning
Ford made the change to remember the setting but it was in violation of several laws. It became a recall which they had to fix

Recall 23C38 - Update Sync Software
Not sure how the "sport mode" is violating any laws. Countless EVs have light regen drive options. Not everyone wants coasting OR one pedal drive. Sport mode is a nice compromise between the two. They can easily make tow mode, 4 wheel drive etc reset at power cycling... but why force a light regen drive mode to also reset when they clearly aren't in violation of anything? A 4th grader could enter the code for this. This is more Ford being lazy than anything else.

K-Loader

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Edge ST, 2023 Lightning Platinum
Occupation
Fed
When I restart my truck after previously shutting it down in Sport mode, I receive a prompt on the screen asking me to “press OK to resume driving in Sport mode”.

designthis

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lightning Lariat SR Black 8/21/23 blend
Occupation
Builder
When I restart my truck after previously shutting it down in Sport mode, I receive a prompt on the screen asking me to “press OK to resume driving in Sport mode”.
Me too.
I’ve only had it for 3 weeks and haven’t had an OTA yet. So I’m rolling with the assumption that my Lariat is totally up to date.
Sponsored