• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Sport Mode all the time

jthiesse13

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning
With update 6.3 the truck remembers my driving mode. So glad to see this. I like the more expressive regeneration and acceleration of Sport Mode. I am well aware aggressive acceleration uses more battery. Is there any disadvantage/harm to the truck to always driving in Sport Mode?
Boy it must be nice to get updates, none at all for me since I got my Lariat ER in June. Thanks Ford.....
Sponsored

Bokenator

First Name
Curtis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning Lariat - Antimatter Blue. 2020 Hyundai Palisade Limited
Boy it must be nice to get updates, none at all for me since I got my Lariat ER in June. Thanks Ford.....
Try charging your traditional "car battery" on a trickle charger. Works for me every time I feel I am missing updates.

BennyTheBeaver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning XLT ER
Hmmm, I got 6.3 and my truck still asks me everytime I start it up if I want to stay in Sport mode.

BennyTheBeaver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning XLT ER
Yeah, I received the update too and my truck doesn’t stay in sport mode either. Maybe the Pro models didn’t get the same update?
Good to know I'm not alone, thank you.

Sponsored

EdRudy

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lariat Lightning ER Iced Blue Silver
Occupation
IT
I'll try sport mode this evening and see if it remembers it. It used to always ask when I restarted but I haven't used sport mode since the update.

Jif1025

First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ford F-150 Lightning Platinum Edition
Occupation
Criminal Lawyer
Hmmm, I got 6.3 and my truck still asks me everytime I start it up if I want to stay in Sport mode.
My truck, post 6.3, still asks if I want to stay in sport mode on start up, but now will stay in sport mode if I don’t respond (whereas before it would default back if I did not respond).

BennyTheBeaver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning XLT ER
My truck, post 6.3, still asks if I want to stay in sport mode on start up, but now will stay in sport mode if I don’t respond (whereas before it would default back if I did not respond).
Good to know. I always hit OK, I'll wait next time.

techmatters

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 Lightning Lariat ER Antimatter Blue
I understand it’s asking for a lot but.. I’d love the option to have sport mode pedal response/deceleration but steering feel of normal mode. Sport mode stiffens the wheel so much that at lower speed it’s just a bit ridiculous for a truck, this isn’t a race car. And Ford seems to have gotten rid of the adaptive steering based on speed (at least on ICE F150’s it cost another $1k vs being included in most higher level trims previously.)

EdRudy

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
IT
I'll try sport mode this evening and see if it remembers it. It used to always ask when I restarted but I haven't used sport mode since the update.
I have 6.3.0, I tested my Sport mode last night and it still asks if I want to stay in Sport mode when I restart. If I don't select yes, it reverts back to normal mode.

Sponsored

EdRudy

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
IT
I have 6.3.0, I tested my Sport mode last night and it still asks if I want to stay in Sport mode when I restart. If I don't select yes, it reverts back to normal mode.

Correction: After my drive in to work this morning I noticed it still prompts to stay in Sport mode but if I don't make a selection it DOES stay in Sport mode instead of defaulting to normol.

WhiteBolt

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Pro EV, 2004 SVT Lightning
Occupation
Manufacturing
I tried it yesterday with my Pro. It didn't stay. Returned to normal mode on restart. 🤔

sotek2345

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER, 2021 Mach-e GT
Occupation
Engineering Manager
I wonder if it is a Sync 4a vs. Sync 4 thing? My is staying in Sport with no issues now. Happy Day!

luebri

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22' F150 Lightning (Lariat ER), 22' Pathfinder SL
Correction: After my drive in to work this morning I noticed it still prompts to stay in Sport mode but if I don't make a selection it DOES stay in Sport mode instead of defaulting to normol.
Exactly what my lariat is doing. Any action such as shift to drive or another type of driver display alert immediately clear the alert and it stays in sport mode. Very happy that @Ford Motor Company is implementing some of the user suggestions!
Sponsored