• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

unable to access Calm Screen

Konakid

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning, Kia Niro PHEV
As best I can tell, the Calm Screen is the only way to access the essential State of Charge or battery % info. However, since getting my truck back from the dealer after a recall service, when I select "MyView" in the instrument console menu (where the Calm Screen resides), I only get a "Configure MyView" screen. No matter how many times I configure MyView to show the Calm Screen, I can never actually get the Calm Screen - only the "Configure MyView" screen. Therefore I am driving blind with no way to know how much charge I have available. I live in mountainous terrain so the mileage estimate is useless, as the machine has no way to know if I will be driving level or up a steep slope. Anybody know how I can escape the endless "configure" loop and get my Calm Screen? Or is there some other screen where SOC can be accessed? Crazy that it's not also available on the big touch screen through the Settings or Features menu.
Sponsored

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow
Occupation
Retired
As best I can tell, the Calm Screen is the only way to access the essential State of Charge or battery % info. However, since getting my truck back from the dealer after a recall service, when I select "MyView" in the instrument console menu (where the Calm Screen resides), I only get a "Configure MyView" screen. No matter how many times I configure MyView to show the Calm Screen, I can never actually get the Calm Screen - only the "Configure MyView" screen. Therefore I am driving blind with no way to know how much charge I have available. I live in mountainous terrain so the mileage estimate is useless, as the machine has no way to know if I will be driving level or up a steep slope. Anybody know how I can escape the endless "configure" loop and get my Calm Screen? Or is there some other screen where SOC can be accessed? Crazy that it's not also available on the big touch screen through the Settings or Features menu.
While in the configure my view, un-select several of the features, leave most un-checked, then select one or two only, then scroll up/down the list of available features, hopefully you see them along with the calm screen.

Ford F-150 Lightning unable to access Calm Screen 1717729911344-ti

OP
OP

Konakid

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
While in the configure my view, un-select several of the features, leave most un-checked, then select one or two only, then scroll up/down the list of available features, hopefully you see them along with the calm screen.

1717729911344-ti.png
Yes, did that a dozen or so times. Always end up stuck in the Configure screen.

ctuan13

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1979 Continental, 2022 F150 Lightning, 03 Marauder
Not sure why the Calm screen isn't engaging for you, but you can also view the current state of charge from the Sync 4A screen by opening the charging menu.

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow
Occupation
Retired
Did you wait 5 seconds for the screen to transition from prior view to Calm view, (it takes that long)

Sponsored

invertedspear

Threads
Reaction score
Website
lightningcalcs.pages.dev
Vehicles
Antimatter Blue XLT (312A) ER, 2004 Jeep TJ
Not sure why the Calm screen isn't engaging for you, but you can also view the current state of charge from the Sync 4A screen by opening the charging menu.
Charge settings app if it's an XLT/Pro.

As best I can tell, the Calm Screen is the only way to access the essential State of Charge or battery % info.
The right half of the guage on the left is a "fuel guage" it has tiny little tick marks at 25, 50 and 75%. While you can't see your exact %, do you need to? With a little experience with this gauge you can estimate it within about 5%

OP
OP

Konakid

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Thanks, yes that works (although not very convenient, and that screen is prone to change to a different screen unexpectedly).

OP
OP

Konakid

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Did you wait 5 seconds for the screen to transition from prior view to Calm view, (it takes that long)
Thanks, Noel, but that's not the issue. There is no chance to select Calm screen anymore. Calm screen is only accessed through MyView, but selecting MyView always brings up the Configure menu now. Before the recent service I would select MyView, then select Calm, then it would take a few seconds to switch to the Calm screen, as you describe.

OP
OP

Konakid

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Charge settings app if it's an XLT/Pro.

The right half of the guage on the left is a "fuel guage" it has tiny little tick marks at 25, 50 and 75%. While you can't see your exact %, do you need to? With a little experience with this gauge you can estimate it within about 5%
Thanks, InvertedSpear. That analog gauge is helpful, but not nearly as good as a firm number, especially if you're only taking quick glances down at it while driving. I think some brains may be better adapted to analog and others to digital. Anyway, it's a tool that will get me by until some future update hopefully returns the Calm screen or Ford comes to its senses and puts a big SOC display in the middle of the instrument cluster.

Zprime29

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda Pilot, 2022 Lightning ER
Have you tried resetting the display by pulling the fuse? That works to "reset" when it goes blank, maybe it will reboot and restore your menu. Fuse 13 in the passenger footwell.

Sponsored

GDN

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning Lariat ER, Performance Y
Occupation
IT
You can also get to the calm screen from the screen with drive modes on it.

bmwhitetx

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
Retired engineer
Thanks, Noel, but that's not the issue. There is no chance to select Calm screen anymore. Calm screen is only accessed through MyView, but selecting MyView always brings up the Configure menu now. Before the recent service I would select MyView, then select Calm, then it would take a few seconds to switch to the Calm screen, as you describe.
So if you select MyView and get Configure, does that mean you also can't see other screens like This Trip, Tire Pressure, etc.?

OP
OP

Konakid

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
So if you select MyView and get Configure, does that mean you also can't see other screens like This Trip, Tire Pressure, etc.?
I was getting getting those screens, but I just went out to confirm that. About the fourth time cycling through the menu looking for them, the Calm screen reappeared just as mysteriously as it had disappeared. So I have it back now. Thank you for prompting me to push those buttons enough times that the goofy software reset.

rhscnative

First Name
Gil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lightning XLT
Try this: 1) start the truck 2) press menu 3) click MyView 4) DO NOT click OK to add or remove screens 5) Instead, press down button on steering wheel until you get to it. If it was checked in MyView you will see it. 6) press OK and it will come up. When you restart the truck it should be on the calm screen and stay there until you select another screen. If you scroll through and it is not there then Follow steps 1, 2, 3 and 4 except click OK to add or remove screens to add it then start again at step one and you should be set.

OP
OP

Konakid

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Well, I did at one point have my Calm screen back, I think through the method that rhscnative describes above (Thank You, Gil). Then I got an update (ECG-24.2.4.9 or 1237323-1709671) and my Calm screen disappeared again. Now if I click on MyView, the only option shown is Driver Assistance. Scrolling down never yields a Calm Screen, and there is no option to configure MyView anymore. So I am stuck with the standard dash display, which does show a blue bar graph on the right indicating the battery state, but does not display a % number next to it, as it does on other owners' screens. The dealer and my touch screen both tell me there are no other updates available, so it doesn't appear that there is anyway for me to get a battery % display on my dash screen. Why is Ford so determined to prevent us from easily accessing this info? For now I guess I will just have to keep scrolling through the Touch Screen settings to Charge Settings to check my battery state.
Sponsored