• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Unidentified chimes when starting up

ryun

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Kia EV6 Wind AWD, 2023 Lightning XLT SR
Also have heard the double ding. I suspected it was a seat belt reminder chime, but I'll have to check out the navigation thing.
Sponsored

AsdjonAsd

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning Platinum
Occupation
IT
This truck has far too many dings / chimes. Often do a drive to put the 2 year old to sleep then park in garage/driveway (with wifi camera) until he wakes up. Whenever exiting w/vehicle on, it sounds like I just won jackpot on slots machine. It's insane how many beeps there are. To be fair, feels louder when a baby is sleeping .

Taken from another thread - these 3 Forscan changes are a lifesaver.

• Disable key-in chime. FORSCAN Code IPC 720-02-01 xx*x xxxx xx-- (subtract 8 from current value (if E change to 6))
  • Disable triple chime on startup. FORSCAN Code IPC 720-01-02 xxxx x2xx
  • Disable door ajar chime. FORSCAN Code IPC 720-01-02 xx0x xxxx

Skidrowe

First Name
Gideon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Lightning ER, 2014 Honda Pilot
I have had this happen a few times when I would open my door. Discovered that my headlights were not on automatic. Switched them back to automatic and the dings went away.
Thank you! I've been losing my mind for a little less than a week now. It seems like a software update lost or changed my headlight setting. Strangely enough, when I just turned on the truck, there was no light indicating which headlight setting was selected. I had to start turning the knob to get one of the lights to illuminate and then set it back to auto like it used to be. I've driven at night a few times in the last week and the lights were on, so I'm not sure whether it changed the setting to always on or simply got out of sync where it might have been stored in another part of the software.

For everyone else, try cycling your headlight settings if you've recently started hearing new chimes when the door is open.

DJSJOEKS

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Lightning Lariet ER Antimatter Blue
Occupation
Retired Ford Engineer
Thank you! I've been losing my mind for a little less than a week now. It seems like a software update lost or changed my headlight setting. Strangely enough, when I just turned on the truck, there was no light indicating which headlight setting was selected. I had to start turning the knob to get one of the lights to illuminate and then set it back to auto like it used to be. I've driven at night a few times in the last week and the lights were on, so I'm not sure whether it changed the setting to always on or simply got out of sync where it might have been stored in another part of the software.

For everyone else, try cycling your headlight settings if you've recently started hearing new chimes when the door is open.
Happy I helped.

Bokenator

First Name
Curtis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning - Antimatter Blue
I too have an occasional "double ding" with no warnings on the display upon start up. I will try the lights off/on first, although they are still in automatic position, and seem to be working. If that doesn't kill the double ding, I'll move into troubleshooting the embedded navigation. I don't ever use it, so if it knows where I'm going then big brother Ford is probably selling my data!

I did just turn back on sharing of data, and it didn't ding before when I had that disabled, so maybe that is just a warning beep to let us drivers know they have successfully sold our info. Maybe its more of a "Cha-Ching" sound, that we are misinterpreting as a "ding ding" 😜

Sponsored

Bokenator

First Name
Curtis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning - Antimatter Blue
okay, did the lights off/on trick and still got the "ding ding" occasionally. Then disabled the navigation guessing where I want to go, and haven't experienced it since. In my case it seems to be that was the fix. YMMV.

OP
OP
msteitle

msteitle

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ford F150 Lightning Lariat
Occupation
Software engineer
Also have heard the double ding. I suspected it was a seat belt reminder chime, but I'll have to check out the navigation thing.
I always have my seat belt buckled before starting the truck, so if that's it,
In nav settings, turn off alerts for for places of interest, that's what fixed mine. You just uncheck the boxes next to the various things like parks, and gas stations...... Yes gas stations are on there 🤣
Thank you, @Dave70 ! That was exactly it. I never would have guessed because I've never used the native navigation and like I said- there was no visual indicator to accompany the incessant ding-ing. 😂
Sponsored