• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Anybody else notice the slight "Click" when starting off either in forward or reverse?

UpWithFilm

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Kia Niro Ev, '23 Avalanche Lightning XLT
Thanks for the offer - I don't have video but I'll try to record sometime. It doesn't really bother me that much so I just sort of ignore it at this point.
I'd also verify they did all of your wheels. I dropped mine off today for this issue and asked if they were going to do all four wheels, but the service tech said that the kit, and the TSB, only covers the front. So I guess I'll see if it's actually taken care of when I get it back.
Sponsored

Last edited:
OP
OP

Mike G

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Lightning, 2023 Mach-E GT-PE
I'd also verify they did all of your wheels. I dropped mine off today for this issue and asked if they were going to do all four wheels, but the service tech said that the kit, and the TSB, only covers the front. So I guess I'll see if it's actually taken care of when I get it back.
Well the service kit that came for my truck had four anti-ting washers, one for each axle stub. They did all four. Also it makes no sense to do two and then before you've even got it out of the bay you can hear the click from the two you didn't do, and then have to put it back on the lift again. I'd tell 'em to just frickin' do all four and get it over with.

mr.Magoo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat ER, AMB
Have anyone who had the fix applied noticed a bigger "slop" in the on/off stage in the drivetrain?
I don't recall it being there before but i thought I noticed more play when you feather the throttle and you go from deceleration to acceleration.

In the gräns scheme of things it ain't bad, clicking was worse, so just curious...

UpWithFilm

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Well the service kit that came for my truck had four anti-ting washers, one for each axle stub. They did all four. Also it makes no sense to do two and then before you've even got it out of the bay you can hear the click from the two you didn't do, and then have to put it back on the lift again. I'd tell 'em to just frickin' do all four and get it over with.
I completely agree. That’s why I asked them if they were doing all 4. I suppose I’ll have to hope that it doesn’t click when I get it back. If it does, they’re going to have an unhappy customer to deal with.

UpWithFilm

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Just got the call that my truck is ready, and thankfully they re-read the TSB and did all 4 wheels.

Sponsored

Prime8

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Colorado
Occupation
Construction
I got all 4 of mine done after a slight battle with the service desk, they said the tech could only hear the noise from the rear wheels. The difference is really noticable for me, I didn't really realize that I was hearing the noise most of the time but with it gone the truck "feels" smoother. Psychosomatic I know but I'm glad I got it done!

CallOnColin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Lightning SR
I got all 4 of mine done after a slight battle with the service desk, they said the tech could only hear the noise from the rear wheels. The difference is really noticable for me, I didn't really realize that I was hearing the noise most of the time but with it gone the truck "feels" smoother. Psychosomatic I know but I'm glad I got it done!
Yep! Exactly this. You don’t realize how noisy it is until it’s gone.

msadan

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 Lightning Pro
I was going to be out of town for a week so I though it would be a perfect time to get this taken care of. I dropped the truck off at the dealer, explaining exactly what the symptoms were (clicking noise at all four wheels at very low speeds when accelerating from or coming to a stop) and showed the service bulletin to the service advisor.
Fast forward one week, I call the service department, service advisor tells me that two different mechanics were unable to duplicate the problem. I go out there, take a short drive with the head mechanic, and the truck displays the exact symptoms I described. I show the service bulletin to the head mechanic, he reads it and says that it sure sounds like that's the problem.
It takes one more week to get the parts in and make the repair. Picked the truck up today and all is good.
I looked at the repair order and here's what the service advisor wrote: "Customer stated hears a popping/clunking noise when driving usually at around 30 MPH and sometimes over bumps." No wonder the first two mechanics weren't able to duplicate it!

LifeAsDane

First Name
Dane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22' Lightning SR Lariat | 13' F150 EB Lariat
Occupation
Real Estate
Do you have autohold turned on?
Rick I know this is old thread but where is AutoHold option? I know my system is outdated but so is this thread 😜

Last edited:

Sponsored

RickLightning

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Lightning ER Lariat,'22 Mach-E Premium 4X
Rick I know this is old thread but where is Autolock option? I know my system is outdated but so is this thread 😜
As Maquis said.

Also, "Autolock" and "Autohold" are both features and TOTALLY DIFFERENT.

GeoffUhl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning Lariat
I have a 2023 Lightning Lariat. I didn't notice the click sound at first, but I noticed it around 400 miles on the truck. I have 700 now and today it seemed louder. Appts for service are taking forever in Denver these days. Anybody know what the implications are for driving with the "click"? Annoyance or potential for damage? I did share the TSB info with the service team at the dealership. They seem generally unprepared for Lightning service.

Ford Motor Company

Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150
I have a 2023 Lightning Lariat. I didn't notice the click sound at first, but I noticed it around 400 miles on the truck. I have 700 now and today it seemed louder. Appts for service are taking forever in Denver these days. Anybody know what the implications are for driving with the "click"? Annoyance or potential for damage? I did share the TSB info with the service team at the dealership. They seem generally unprepared for Lightning service.
Hi there. Can you send us a DM with your VIN and dealership info? I can look into this for you.

Zprime29

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda Pilot, 2022 Lightning ER
Took in yesterday morning (scheduled the appointment several weeks ago), they were unable to get it into a service bay before close. Today, they lost power all morning and sent the techs home early (was finally restored around 1pm, not sure when they sent them home). Hopefully tomorrow goes smoother. At least they were able to supply a loaner, so not a huge deal. Stuff happens, I'll be happy to get out of the ICE F150 and back into the Lightning though. So much more enjoyable to drive.

Zprime29

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda Pilot, 2022 Lightning ER
As others mentioned, it's amazing how much of a difference it makes not hearing that click. They did all 4 wheels and as a bonus, they didn't charge me the quoted $20 for a tire rotation. Inspection report showed 7/32 or better marked for all 4 tires, 13k miles. Overall I'm happy with the communication and service from the dealer.
Sponsored