• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored
Status
Not open for further replies.

RickLightning

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Lightning ER Lariat,'22 Mach-E Premium 4X
Just checked - my reservation still says July (13XXX). Wonder when the next round of delay emails will come out

What does Tesla run? I know Bedford was $0.64/kWhr last time I was there.
You must be in western Canada.

In Toronto area, Tesla is often time-dependent, but way below $CD 0.90. Found one that is 0.49 until noon, then 0.61. Another is 0.50 and then 0.82 and then 0.76. EC is 0.60.

In London, Tesla is 0.64. EC is 0.70.
Sponsored

RickLightning

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I felt the same.

But, I have charged at 3 different Tesla locations. At each, at least 6 of 8 chargers were working. At all but one, I didn't have to wait (and at the one I had to wait because they were occupying every other space).

At EAs, my experience is that I need to wait sometimes, and very often more than 25% of them are down. For the first (and the last trip we've taken) trip after Tesla's were opened to us, we used almost exclusively Tesla (with the discount) except for one EA (to compare charging rates) and some level 2 charging enroute. Flawless.

Ffxdude

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Lightning
Most I’ve paid with a membership is .42 per kWh. That was peak pricing outside of NYC. Everywhere else it’s in the .32 - .34 per kWh. Membership fee of $12.99 pays for itself after 2-3 stops. I get not wanting to give Elon money, but he’s got a network and I like to travel….

potato

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lightning XLT ER
You must be in western Canada.

In Toronto area, Tesla is often time-dependent, but way below $CD 0.90. Found one that is 0.49 until noon, then 0.61. Another is 0.50 and then 0.82 and then 0.76. EC is 0.60.

In London, Tesla is 0.64. EC is 0.70.
Check the ones east of Toronto on the way to Ottawa or Montreal. Many are $0.90. With subscription that's still $0.72, still pretty high but if they are consistently fast and well located at least they'd be pleasant to use. Still impatiently waiting for my adapter here of course, as we all are in Canada, looking forward to having that option at least.

Sponsored

RickLightning

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Check the ones east of Toronto on the way to Ottawa or Montreal. Many are $0.90. With subscription that's still $0.72, still pretty high but if they are consistently fast and well located at least they'd be pleasant to use. Still impatiently waiting for my adapter here of course, as we all are in Canada, looking forward to having that option at least.
A2Z is a Canadian company and ready to ship in a week or so. 😉 https://a2zevshop.com/products/nacs-ccs1?ref=Typhoon&variant=43186507579592

potato

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lightning XLT ER
A2Z is a Canadian company and ready to ship in a week or so. 😉 https://a2zevshop.com/products/nacs-ccs1?ref=Typhoon&variant=43186507579592
LOL I had an order in with them and cancelled it the day Ford announced their adapter would be free. I don't think the A2Z adapter would have arrived in time for my big road trip this spring, so it's still up in the air whether I should have stuck with the A2Z order. I haven't fast charged since then. I *might* get the Ford adapter before I road trip again... maybe...

RickLightning

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I am in California. Ordered in February... order: 90023507
still waiting... one email from Ford on June 14 thanking me for my patience...
23,507 should currently say "August". IMO, it won't ship until September, or later.

Ishkatan

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lightning Lariat ER =RAe (Range Anxiety)
Occupation
Old
I think there is hope on the(far) horizon. Not that Ford will ship faster but that Tesla to CCS1 adapters will drop in price in a couple months. I bought a Liacelee Tesla to J1772 adapter a couple weeks ago for $49.99 and now they are 39.99. No, I am not going to return it and buy another for the $10 difference.

Sadly I have to admit that the one time I went to use it I did not get it to work. The Tesla destination charger in a parking garage was "Provided by Hilton" and was flashing red. No one ever parked by it so I did. No indication of what to do when I plugged it in, and not working, so I grabbed a cable from a J1772 charger near by that was blocked by an ICE car. The nice thing was that the cable reached the Tesla slot (between floors) and the charging was free. :)

The learning curve continues.

Sponsored

Ishkatan

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lightning Lariat ER =RAe (Range Anxiety)
Occupation
Old
Yes, red is bad. If light didn't turn red until you plugged in adapter, then charger was locked for Teslas only.
It was red when I was NOT plugged in. It may need a circuit breaker reset.

I've been to this Ithaca garage a few times over a few week period now, and that Tesla space is always empty. Even ICE vehicles won't park there (but sadly, do park at the J1772 chargers.)

RickLightning

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
It was red when I was NOT plugged in. It may need a circuit breaker reset.

I've been to this Ithaca garage a few times over a few week period now, and that Tesla space is always empty. Even ICE vehicles won't park there (but sadly, do park at the J1772 chargers.)
Way above Cayuga's waters, there's an awful smell.
Some say it's Cayuga's waters, others say Cornell.

LYFISHER

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150 Lightening Lariat Extended Range
Just called 844-589-0060 to get status. My reservation number is 900207xx, deliverey is still scheduled in July 2024. Agent told me the last delivered reservation number is 9000xxxx. No further ETA is available :-(

Is the adapter that hard to make? Made manually, one piece at a time by some folks in their garage? Any modern manufacturing facility can spit out these things by the thousands each day
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.