Sponsored
Status
Not open for further replies.

RickLightning

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Lightning ER Lariat,'22 Mach-E Premium 4X
Just called 844-589-0060 to get status. My reservation number is 900207xx, deliverey is still scheduled in July 2024. Agent told me the last delivered reservation number is 9000xxxx. No further ETA is available :-(

Is the adapter that hard to make? Made manually, one piece at a time by some folks in their garage? Any modern manufacturing facility can spit out these things by the thousands each day

Ford, GM, and a dozen other makes.

Potential reasons:

- Musk overpromises all the time
- Musk laid off entire SuperCharger team
- Nobody at Tesla laid out realistic timelines for all the combined needs (including Magic Docks) and compared to plant capacity

That's why you buy a 3rd party adapter like the A2ZEV Typhoon Plus, and when you get your Ford adapter sell one if you don't want both. Currently quoting delivery of 8/7 - 8/14. https://a2zevshop.com/products/nacs-ccs1?ref=Typhoon&variant=43186507579592
Sponsored

watson123

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER, Antimatter Blue; Tesla Y
Occupation
Attorney
I am 2nd owner of 2022 Lightning. FORD refuses to provide me (or the original owner for that matter, unless he calls Ford) with any information about the status of the order for the adapter.

Thank goodness for A2Z.

P.S. also chatting with the Ford Bot on the side. The customer service of this company appears to be non-existent.

Zprime29

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda Pilot, 2022 Lightning ER
I am 2nd owner of 2022 Lightning. FORD refuses to provide me (or the original owner for that matter, unless he calls Ford) with any information about the status of the order for the adapter.

Thank goodness for A2Z.

P.S. also chatting with the Ford Bot on the side. The customer service of this company appears to be non-existent.
Interesting, did you place the order or did the 1st owner?

watson123

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Attorney
First owner placed the order (number 90008904).

Interesting, did you place the order or did the 1st owner?

Thank goodness for A2Z.

Zprime29

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
First owner placed the order (number 90008904).
My order number is around that as well, status still shows July est ship date (as others mentioned this is doubtful at this point). I would think customer service should be able to update the order's delivery address after showing the vehicle was sold. Sometimes it just takes multiple attempts to contact them and reaching the 1 in 100 that actually knows their job.

Sponsored

Labs4Lightning

First Name
C
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
19 150 lariat, 22 lightning lariat blend 4/18/22
My order number is around that as well, status still shows July est ship date (as others mentioned this is doubtful at this point). I would think customer service should be able to update the order's delivery address after showing the vehicle was sold. Sometimes it just takes multiple attempts to contact them and reaching the 1 in 100 that actually knows their job.
There is no documented shipments for the past 4 weeks.
goal 10k per month
June about 4,500
july 0

bmwhitetx

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
Retired engineer

Zprime29

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles

watson123

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Attorney
Anyone have A2Z and Ford adapter to compare the two? I have a strong hunch the FORD adapter is no better than the A2Z adapter.

Sponsored

rikster63

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Chevy Silverado, 2022 Tesla Model S
Occupation
Real Estate Sales

htobin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning
Lots of info elsewhere on the Lectron. It can be very difficult to disconnect the Tesla line from the adapter several tricks can be used. Initially, I tried using a clamp, but subsequently ground down the connecting lock with a Dremel tool, and that seems to have done the trick There are several references in the discussion panels .

Madtroniks

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford
Thanks for posting an update. Hopefully we see some July shipments before the end of this month.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.