Sponsored

Update to HD Radio - Correct ACM?

NeuroDawg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 F150 Lightning XLT ER
I miss HD radio so much that I am going to buy a second-had ACM and swap it out. But it appears there are many different part numbers for the same ACM in recent model-year F150s.

Does anyone know if part #ML3T-18K810-FDE will work in a '23 Lightning. I've seen on this forum that part # ML3T-18K810-FEE works, and pictures of both look the same, and both were made in Mexico.

The ACM ending in FDE is the part number for a 21-23 F150 Lariat King Ranch.

WhThe part ending in FEK is a year newer, manufactured in late 2022, but has only two fakra connectors.

I would imagine they are the same or simunit, but was hoping someone could give me confirmation before I drop a couple hundred dollars on the unit.

Thanks.

edited to add: what about part # ML3T-18K810-FEK? This one is a year newer, manufactured in late 2022, but has only two fakra connectors, rather than the three seen on FDE and FEE parts.
Sponsored

Last edited:

bmwhitetx

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
Retired engineer
According to the spec sheet HD radio was standard with Lariat and Platinum (B&O sound system). You’re the first I heard wanting it on lower trim here. If you don’t get any responses I suggest looking on the ICE forums for folks who may have updated their ACM without having B&O.​

chl

First Name
CHRIS
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2001 FORD RANGER, 2023 F-150 LIGHTNING
I found a local installer who can swap them out. They use the VIN to look up the specifics of the truck you have so they can program the new ACM to match your vehicle's spec when they put it in.

The ACM itself is about $600 and then install about $400, they quoted me.

If you plan on a DIY, then you need to get up on ForScan so you can program it correctly.

jbirdzee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 Lightning Pro ER
Occupation
Engineer
Did you get this resolved? I know it's been a while since your post.

I added the HD radio to my lightning, but I used the -FEE version. It looks like there are more of those available on eBay. There is one on there this evening for $150 (Search for item #204846049414)
Ford F-150 Lightning Update to HD Radio - Correct ACM? 1720833556693-h7

I think if you see the HDRadio logo on there in the pictures you'll be good to go. There are a few different versions of the ACM including diversity receive antennas.

Near as I can tell - I think you'd want to make sure it has the A2B port on the back - that's used for all of the B&O systems with the rear amplifier
Ford F-150 Lightning Update to HD Radio - Correct ACM? 1720833638858-8c

(you don't need to use the port - I am just saying it's another way to identify the B&O ones.) The ACM still has speaker level outputs that you would turn on with Forscan. When I upgraded I:
1. Read out the As-Built of my ACM with forscan and saved it
2. Installed the ACM with HD Radio. I only used one of the three antenna jacks on the back. One is (I believe) diversity antenna and the second one is for a satellite radio antenna which my truck doesn't have.
3. Overwrote the replacement ACM with my as built ACM data that I saved from #1.
4. Made sure the radio worked the way it used to.
5. Enabled HD Radio with forscan. I had used the spreadsheet from Livinitup.

Ford F-150 Lightning Update to HD Radio - Correct ACM? 1720833546899-6q

Last edited:

21st Century Truck

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford 150 Lightning 2023 XLT ER pkg. 312A

I added the HD radio to my lightning, but I used the -FEE version. It looks like there are more of those available on eBay. There is one on there this evening for $150 (Search for item #204846049414)
1720833556693-h7.png

I think if you see the HDRadio logo on there in the pictures you'll be good to go. There are a few different versions of the ACM including diversity receive antennas.

Near as I can tell - I think you'd want to make sure it has the A2B port on the back - that's used for all of the B&O systems with the rear amplifier
1720833638858-8c.png

(you don't need to use the port - I am just saying it's another way to identify the B&O ones.) The ACM still has speaker level outputs that you would turn on with Forscan. When I upgraded I:
2. Installed the ACM with HD Radio. I only used one of the three antenna jacks on the back. One is (I believe) diversity antenna and the second one is for a satellite radio antenna which my truck doesn't have.
3. Overwrote the replacement ACM with my as built ACM data that I saved from #1.

1720833546899-6q.png
I miss HD and I might do this. Thanks for the write-up.

Sponsored

21st Century Truck

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford 150 Lightning 2023 XLT ER pkg. 312A
I found a local installer who can swap them out. They use the VIN to look up the specifics of the truck you have so they can program the new ACM to match your vehicle's spec when they put it in.

The ACM itself is about $600 and then install about $400, they quoted me.

If you plan on a DIY, then you need to get up on ForScan so you can program it correctly.
Chris,

I see we are neighbors. Which installer did You use for this HD mod?

OP
OP

NeuroDawg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 F150 Lightning XLT ER

1720833556693-h7.png

1720833638858-8c.png

1720833546899-6q.png
Thanks for the assistance with that. I haven't gotten around to doing this yet, but your help will certainly make it easy.
Sponsored